Test Drove A New TT

migzy

Reaction score
Thinking of trading in me A3 3.2 54 plate with 18000 on the clock, so went in and test drove the TT with the magnetic drive, gotta say it's a lovely motor, not sure if the magnetic ride thingy made much difference. Got to try one with out, the only disapointing thing was they offered me 14K for me motor.

I they ripping me or does this sound about right. the motors spotless.

Cheers

Migzy

I was offered 14250 for a spotless 54 3.2 Sport with 25K on the clock back in Feb this year.

Cheers,

Russ

migzy said:
Got to try one with out, the only disapointing thing was they offered me 14K for me motor.

What they selling them for - £18k:banghead:

terrible ain't it, they let me know how much the roadster would be worth after 5 years, a measly £13K gutting really, a loss of 20K

Yeah i test drove the TT which i wanted, then test drove the S3 :hubbahubba:

so in went my 04 225 TTC :undwech: and out came the S3 :arco:

best car i've owned quite frankly :yes:

Yeah fighting a losing battle on the TT forum but i always try :)

S3Didge aka digimeisTTer :ninja:

I can't really comment on TT vs S3 (8P) as I never bothered to test drive a 2.0T TT or a v6 TT.

My view was, yep the TT obviously is the nicer, more stylish car. But sooner or later, there are going to be loads on the road. I also wanted 4wd, so that meant the v6 TT, but why get a 250bhp TT when I could get a 265bhp S3 (tunable to 310bhp) for the same money, and have more practicality. That was my personal take on it all.

But one of the guys on the TT forum made a good point, some (maybe most?) people who buy TT's are buying because its TT and its stylish - like a fashion thing. There's no doubt in my mind a new TT would get more "ooooooooohh, nice car" from people, than what an S3 will. But that doesn't matter to me.

AL

yep youi're right it's a possers car, would of gone for the S3 had it been more aggressive looking.

phoning other dealers at the mo to see if i can get a reduction in costs.

The new TT is starting to be everywhere. Glad I sold mine when I did.

New S3 is a better drivers car than the MK2 TT.

JamS3 said:
How can that front end of the S3 be more aggressive?

True......the front of virtualy all the new Audi's, S3 in particular, already scream .........

" Get the f*ck out of my way "

much more than almost all other cars on the road.

It couldnt really get more aggressive without it have some blood dripping from its bonnet and a broken bottle of stella as a hood ornament......could it ?

JamS3 said:
How can that front end of the S3 be more aggressive?

OK I only have the 2.0T but my 10 year old reckons the front looks "mean" . I dont think that there is a better reccommendation for a car than a 10 year olds view :respekt:

I haven't seen many new TTs and all the ones I have seen have had ****** 17 inch wheels.

I hope the TT loses its image of being a style over substance car because by all accounts the new one has style and substance.

smee said:
OK I only have the 2.0T but my 10 year old reckons the front looks "mean" . I dont think that there is a better reccommendation for a car than a 10 year olds view :respekt:

How very true....
:yes: :yes: :yes:

DIABLO636 said:
It couldnt really get more aggressive without it have some blood dripping from its bonnet and a broken bottle of stella as a hood ornament......could it ?

The blood dripping came standard on mine as did the mosquito net||

Pedro