Air Con Re-gassing.

daniel graham

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just had to have the air-con system re-gassed on my '03' 2.0tdi. It had only been refilled under warranty less than 2 years ago anyway and i was wondering if this is normal to use it up so quick. The dealer I had it fixed at said that it needs re-gassing every 2 years anyway, but that seems a bit excessive to me. It cost me £105 this time but think I will get it done elsewhere in future if thats the case. Any ideas would be great thanks.

My aircon ain't half as effective as it used to be.
The car is two years old.
Should I report it to the dealer and get something done FOC ??

Worth trying bowfer! You never know. My SB is 2.5 years old and the AC still blows nice and cold, but it has definitely lost some of its edge over time.

Hi Bowfer, would defo be worth getting a dealer to check it out whilst you still have some warranty left and can get it done under that, as I said mine needed re-gassing when car was about 2 years old which was done FOC. Then have had to get it done again since, though paid for it that time.

Two years sounds about right to me. Never heard of getting it done under warranty though.

My Volvo was regased by Volvo themselves and I was told that generally they regas cars at 5yrs old then every three years after. No car should loose enough gas to need redoing within two years from being first assembled(after all the seals and joints are brand new).

Dunno if I'll bother if it's not a dead-cert warranty job.
I don't want the company shelling out for non-essential repairs to a car that's going in 8 months.
Unless I start sweating like a gimp in a sauna that is.