My S3 gets it 3 times a week!!

Irish

Reaction score
Last Thursday week I filled up. I drove from the east of Ireland to the west and on the way, on a Sunday, I had to fill up. I did a bit of driving down there and back to Dublin on the Monday and by Tuesday, I was out of petrol again.

I have never in my life had to fill a car 3 times in 5 days but be in no doubt, even with long motorway journeys, once you press that accelerator the S3 DRINKS FUEL :-(

Don't say that....is it really that bad:confused:

I had to get rid of my RX8 because I only got 200 miles on a full tank (ave 20mpg) I then went to a 330Cd and get 450+ miles to a tank (ave 36mpg).
It will drive me insane if I have to go back to that "can't make a journey in one fill up" again:ohmy:

mine isnt anywhere near that, and i still cane mine everywhere!

i thought she was thirsty too, i used just under a 1/4 tank in 30 minutes while driving one last week but did have the pedal down quite a bit. Im planning on driving through france to spain and i can just picture myself pulling in at every petrol station on the way !! Ive been driving a GTTDI for the last 3 odd years, 54mpg so thats probaby notice it so much.

Irish...could be worse, you could be paying British petrol prices !!!!!

Now in fairness, that was fast driving that I was doing fairly big kms but still!

Normally I get a week out of it/380 kms ish.

That's true Mo. I was up in Belfast a few weeks ago, wanted to put Superplus into her but could not find anywhere selling it until I got to the Shell near Boucher Rd but in the meantime I had nearly ran out so I had to just put normal unleaded in AND pay British prices. I could've filled up in Dublin in that case AND saved about 20 euro! Still, with VRT making my S3 €58,000, I'd rather pay your fuel bills!

300-320 miles out of a full tank, about 40 down on my previous 8L S3's. 320 if its bled dry but haven't/wont do that!

Best I've ever got is 37.1mpg on a 30 mile motorway run when I was driving at a steady 65-70mph other than that averages about 27mpg.

Mostly round town and i still get an estimated 265 but not that bothered if i had a 3.0+ i would expect far less for inferior performance :faint:

JamS3 said:
300-320 miles out of a full tank,

How many, never been near that, best I have managed is about 280.

Sure yours isn't a diesel.

How many miles on the clock ? mines 2.5k

Mark

Mark

I've just over 3k now, I haven't physically got that much out its just a estimation as I fill up around the 280 mark but would guess I could get a further 25-35 miles out the tank as I never leave it well empty before filling up.

Ran it on V-Power since new.

JamS3
Probably sounds about the same then although my average since new is 25.5mpg. Never had 37 though, even on a run, best being about 32. Anyway didn't buy it for the economy, just for the fun!
I also always run it on V-Power.

Mark

My average on my 2.0T is between 22-24 normally.

I had better worry...... LOL

The S3 is gonna dry me out.

DM

I have done 270 miles in my new S3 today in a combination of motorways, A. roads and some slow bits. Speeds were fairly legal and revs were not over 4K as I am still running in. Average mpg was 35.
I also have a MkIV GTI 1.8T 150bhp that would do about 40mpg on the same journey but I was driving the S3 faster on the twisty bits than the GTI.

prt

I've not reset the DIS yet on menu 2 and the average mpg since new over 3k miles has been 27.5mpg.

Well guys I think I will refill mine 8 times this wednesday and thursday! Will let you know mpg figures...

Pedro

JamS3 said:
I've not reset the DIS yet on menu 2 and the average mpg since new over 3k miles has been 27.5mpg.

If I could get anywhere north of 25mpg over that distance I will be very happy indeed.

It´s confirmed! A full tank does 400Km or less. My car has already 4400Km since last Wednesday!... I know, been driving it like a lunatic! lol

Today was another full tank gone!

Average is around 11.5-12L/100Km (I will check in mpg to post here)

I don't mind it is a lot fo fun, even when driven smoothly... One thing bothers me and there is nothing I can do. It's not what I spend on petrol but the frequency I have to visit the petrol station!

A 335d starts to make some sense.... lol!

Pedro

Well my mate has a M5 and he gets 29 miles to 1/4 tank.

Hes getting like 150 miles out of 65 quid

About 12 to the gallon and feels up every other day

Lucky the company pays it for him

5.2L V10 for you