Some new bits turned up on Friday

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
:hubbahubba:
Some very shiny Gold coloured shocks and some frankly dull looking springs to go with them.

Yes my Koni FSD shocks have arrived as well as the Eibach Pro 30mm springs. The plan is that they will be going on this coming Saturday and all being well they will get a good test on the run to the Big Boys Toys Open Day on Sunday.

So there should be some Sportline Springs (50mm) up for grabs at a reasonable price soon.

I'll see if I can get some pics of them later.

Had a good weekend, mapped out the pre-out feeds from the Concert HU so I can work out the Bose connector pins to use as a temp feed for my Alpine PDX amps. Removed the Nokia car kit that James had installed and installed my Parrot 3100 and sorted out a few iffy power connections whilst there :no: so used up a good few crimp butt connectors.

Paul

Thanks Sarah,

I did post a thanks on the UK-MKIVS forum :icon_thumright:

Paul

Well the rears are on and I can feel a difference there already, much more controlled.

The fronts go on tonight.

The other good news I discovered last night while we were fitting the rears - the S-Line has quite a decent sized rear ARB so that'll save me a bit. Not like the weak one built into the Golf IV rear, a proper type, having said that with the indipendant blade rear setup I guess it was a decent one or none.

I'll do a write up on how it handles and take some pics of the height once it has all settled.

Paul

Ok we are all installed. It hasn't completely settled yet but the couple of short runs I've had do show that he FSDs do what they say on the tin.

One odd thing though was that there was a missing nut on the off-side hub to wishbone mount, so I'd been driving round with only two out of the three nuts on. Quick trip to Halfords and we managed to purchase a pair of self locking nuts of the right size (M10).

The A3 doesn't come apart too bad for a suspension change, for some reason the design does mean that the wipers and front scuttle tray have to come off to change the fronts. To do the rears you have to take the wheel liners out, to get to the top mounts.

One bit to watch if you have hids is the leveling sensors, you need to unbolt the bracket from the nearside wishbone. Mine is showing signs that it has been damaged and is held together by a couple of cable ties. It seems solid though so I won't worry about it unless it fails.

I've got a business trip to Burnley next week so that should give the suspension pleanty of time to settle and for me to evaluate it fully.

Paul