AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

GAP/ Return To Invoice Insurance

I know the arse has been ripped out of this time again, but I have been getting quotes for my forthcoming S3 and the companies don't seem to want to get near the quotes people were getting a couple of months back when the subject was last discussed.

Anyone bought GAP etc lately can make a recommendation.

I haven't found many firms who will do a return to new, which is what I am really after as I am getting a good discount and I don't want to foot a couple of grand extra myself if the car gets nicked and the thieves use the can of petrol I leave in the boot for them...
    Silver 2007 S3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    Paid £200 for mine from the dealer after a bit of negotiating. I could of had it a little cheaper though through the CSMA ( civil service motoring association ) which i think you would be eligible to join.If you want more info let me know, I think I can get a quote off their website.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    PM'd you m8
    Silver 2007 S3

aka dazzler

Status
    Dealer has offered it to me for 524 for 3 years on my new S3 - ordered Saturday.
    He also offered GAP and tyre insurance all in for 765. Claimed tyre insurance would be 404 - so he was giving away all his profit....

I seem to recall someone posted about http://www.surfandprotect.com/

1st Gear

Status
    Guys, Can those of you who purchased GAP (especially for you new S3) give me some advice on how much cover you purchased?

I have been off to visit http://www.surfandprotect.com/ and the maximum cover it quotes is 25K, however I can't believe for one minute that I need the full amount against a 34Kcar.

Can anyone advise what level of cover they did get 15/17K?

Cheers, Steve
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

2nd Gear

Status
    Well I plan to keep my S3 for 4 years if I like it, and have been looking at the costs of cover and the amount to be covered.

By my reckoning, on a Return to New policy, if the car was 4 years old it should still be worth a good 12,000 plus with the new equivalent (based on this one being 31,000) being lets say 33,000 due to price rises.

The difference is obviously 21,000 and if I got stiffed by the insurance co. the difference could be more. The next lowest cover appears to be 20,000 which wouldn't leave me feeling comfortable at all.

Obviously if you plan to keep the car for less time, less cover is needed.
    Silver 2007 S3

When I bought my new A3 2.0TDI-170 SE Sportback in March the total invoice cost would have been 25,895 without any discount. I negotiated with the dealer and after showing him some internet quotes and got the normal Audi GAP return to invoice insurance down to 225.00 for 3 years cover up to 15,000.

My normal insurance will pay for a replacement vehicle for the first 12 months and as I got 12,500 trade-in on the 3 year old 3-door A3 I'm sure the 15k cover will be adequate.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    I used surf and protect for my S3 in March. They do new for old and I had 4 years cover.
    If you ring up and ask about 4 years rather than use the internet you get 10% discount which came to about £337 all in.

prt57

Neutral

Status
    I got covered for £20K by my dealer - they told me the normal cost is £450, but gave it to me for £299
    S3 - Apr 2007 - Dolphin Grey - Light/Rain Pack - FCA - Flat Steering Wheel - Bluetooth - BOSE - Flat Tyre Warning System
    My other baby: www.babybmw.net

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by prt57
    I used surf and protect for my S3 in March. They do new for old and I had 4 years cover.
    If you ring up and ask about 4 years rather than use the internet you get 10% discount which came to about 337 all in.

prt57
    Good to know that, will be doing so as they are the best quote/cover I can find
    Silver 2007 S3

5th Gear

Status
    Is it written in to these policies anything to stop people going and writing their cars off to get all their money back when the insurance is about to finish.

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3simon
    Is it written in to these policies anything to stop people going and writing their cars off to get all their money back when the insurance is about to finish.
    One would assume that if you have the balls to crash it badly enough to write it off deliberately, or get a mate to steal it and torch it, then as long as you don't get found out you would be laughing...

Either to the bank or maybe prison...

What did you have in mind?
    Silver 2007 S3