Bird poo

message for everybody - get onto the detailing section on this forum or on to www.detailingworld.com - loads of tips to clear the **** and tips on what to put on your car in the first place to help stop it causing damage when it does happen.

Auto glym super resin polish to help polish out marks, auto glym extra goloss protection and collinite #476 to protect to paint.

and never wash the car with a sponge again...it causes more scratches. You dont cant see them properly.

Honestly read up on some of the threads on the detailing section - it not all just about show cars etc....

It does depend how paranoid you want to be about your car. I like mine to be clean and tidy but that's it.

The amount of inspects, bird droppings, grit, tar, stones, rain, snow, hail, frost, sunshine etc etc that gets thrown at a car, especially moving along the road at 80-90mph means it will never stay that good unless you are prepared to spend hours and hours on it. Personally I'd rather spend the time driving it. If that's how you get your 'jollies' then fine but as long as mine looks respectable I, for one, am quite happy.

I think it also depends possibly on what type of vegetation you have nearby for the birds to feast on - as it probably does depend on what they eat.

h5djr said:
My car is silver and when I wash it with VAG car wash in bucket of warm water, using a soft Gardena car wash brush to start with, all the dropping etc just come off without leaving any marks at all.
What people consider to be marks is relative. Unless it's made out of mohair, I guarantee that brush will be leaving tiny swirlmarks in your clearcoat, they're just very difficult to see on a silver car whereas on black they show up like you wouldn't believe.

What people consider to be marks is relative. Unless it's made out of mohair, I guarantee that brush will be leaving tiny swirlmarks in your clearcoat, they're just very difficult to see on a silver car whereas on black they show up like you wouldn't believe.

Another good reason not to following the current fashion and have a black car.

Nowt to do with fashion - black is the best colour for a car (when it's clean that is) :arco:

I think we'll beg to differ on that one.

The weather is warming up which I guess means hotter bonnets so the bird poo will burn through quicker I guess!

So...washed and dried, applied AG Super Resin Polish, then Megs Gold Class, left for 24 hrs, washed again and have now just applied the legendary Collinite 476s - great stuff. 476 beads like anything and from what I've read possibly offers the best protection, though of course nothing will presumably protect you 100% from bird poo, I guess it just may help delay it longer??? We'll see...nice finish though and meant to be extremely durable, lasting up to 1 year. Even Bowfer thinks it is great!

Searched the web for the best price for Collinite 476s, came up with Gareth at detailedobsession.co.uk , he also sells it via ebay. Extremely helpful guy, £14.95 plus only £1.99 delivery. It arrived the next morning, great service and advice.

my bird poo hell has come to an end today.

My car is a working car, and Monday to Friday its in a hotel. A couple of weeks ago a bird poo the size of a dinner plate was landed on the bonnet of my A3, with after poos over the roof and bonnet. The car was washed at the earliest opportunity (Saturday morning) but it was too late. One stain was massive, and there were stains all over the roof and bonnet.

I took my car to a trusted friend / painter I have known for years, he re-floated the paint with heat, and if I had not see this for my own eyes I would not have believed it, heat lamps the kind used to dry car paint where applied over the stains and they disappeared. The bonnet took 4 times and the roof 2, to remove the stains completely, no rubbing down, a light polish and it was all done.

He and a Q7 in the week before for the same treatment

Chris.