Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    Revo

Status

Quality of Copy RS4 Alloys (New Style)

Guys

How have people been finding the quality of the nes RS4 wheels ?
    I know some are made in the far east and some in Italy !!
    Can anyone reccomend a good supplier, i was looking for a set of 18" for a Sportback.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Marriedblonde has a set on his old A3, can't remember the name of the new owner. Ask him, how his have stood up.
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

6th Gear

Status
    The reps dont have the "dish" of the originals and are flat faced, the "dish" is what makes them look so good in my opinion.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Mo
    Neutral

Status
    I had a set of reps for my Golf and they were piss poor, i dont know if the RS4's would be better but the set i had were a nightmare. I went to get new tyres a few months ago and found out that two of the rims were cracked !! Just poor quality and they weighed a ton too. What are you gonna be paying ? Another option would be to try ebay.de for a set of BBS's for about 700 delivered
    07 Phantom Black S3

Revo

Status
    Thanks for info.

Have a look at this piccy and do you think these are originals or copies ?
    I say copies but only cos of the Toyo T1S tyres but i think they look fantastic wheels

http://www.tyresmoke.net/gallery/album349/ts1

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    I have RS4 reps on my sportback they are dished just like originals only been on the car two months tho so can't say what they'll be like over time but alloys Iv'e had in the past all .
    Martin.

Revo

Status
    Do you have a picture with the RS4's on ?

Also where did you purchase them from and what size ?
    I think i will be sticking with 18"

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    I'll try and get a pic up they're only 17" tho, they were from potn.com 425 inc tyres and carriage, they do 18's & 19's too not sure how much you'd have to go on their site for a price.
    Martin.

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    Martin.

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    Martin.

6th Gear

Status
    Look good mate but the dish is also on the spokes on the OE ones for some reason reps never include these (RSTT's etc), must be the manufacturing cost!

Have a look at a RS4 and you will see what I mean.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

RS-one day soon!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    Have a look at a RS4 and you will see what I mean.

Thought I had a trained eye too lol
    Martin.

Revo

Status
    Ok now i know what i am looking for, i just need to find a good supplier of good quality RS4 replica.

2nd Gear

Status
    Rabs, the cheapest I can find on Ebay are a firm just down the road from me who have been in business for years. They have a site as well www.midlandwheels.com

295 for 18's, 395 for 19's.

I assume that all of these RS4 reps on Ebay are being made by the same company, as per all of the old RS4 reps that I have seen/had.
    Silver 2007 S3

6th Gear

Status
    Well I have reps on the A3 that James (MarriedBlond) bought from SouthCoast and they aren't wearing well , washed the car last night and noticed that there a quite a few black spots on the wheels.

Initially I thought that it was tar but then realised that it is stone chips exposing black behind. At this rate I will need a touch-up stick for them from Halfords, that or have them sprayed black - hmmm black or dark anthrasite (sp) RS4 reps on a Black A3.

I'll see if I can get a pic later of them.

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

5th Gear

Status
    here you go, if they dont look like these they are reps

2nd Gear

Status
    The 18's from Audi don't look like that (not as much "dish"), but technically they aren't reps as they are OEM.
    Silver 2007 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    I've seen a few A3's in Audi dealers with 18" RS4's on. How come you can get them on A3's but not on the S3?
    2005 A3 2.0TDi Quattro Sport S-line - Brilliant Black, Full Votex kit (SOLD)
    2007 RS4 V8 - Sprint Blue

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mark88
    I've seen a few A3's in Audi dealers with 18" RS4's on. How come you can get them on A3's but not on the S3?
    You can but they cost 600. They don't appear in the brochure but you can spec them.
    Silver 2007 S3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    The 18's from Audi don't look like that (not as much "dish"), but technically they aren't reps as they are OEM.
    I think they just keep the "dished" ones for the RS models, like they did with the 18in RSTT's on the TT and 8L S3.

My dad got the same ones for his A6 from Audi but it not being a RS or S A6 they were not dished.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JamS3
    I think they just keep the "dished" ones for the RS models, like they did with the 18in RSTT's on the TT and 8L S3.

My dad got the same ones for his A6 from Audi but it not being a RS or S A6 they were not dished.
    Even on the 19's on the A6?...that isn't good, but I do think the 19's OEM even without the dish look pretty good, its just something about the 18's that isn't quite right for me.

I have noticed the last couple of weeks that all the new S4's, S6's and S8's are coming with the same style wheels as the standard S3. I like the fact that it marks them out from the rest.

Wonder if the 20's from the S8 will fit your S3 Jam?
    Last edited by normski; 16th April 2007 at 18:05.
    Silver 2007 S3

2nd Gear

Status
    I think it's more to do with the size rather than them choosing to have deeper dishing.

The A6 Le Mans had 19" RS4s and they look the same as the ones on the RS4, as do the ones on the new TT.

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1...0706audgj8.jpg
    2005 A3 2.0TDi Quattro Sport S-line - Brilliant Black, Full Votex kit (SOLD)
    2007 RS4 V8 - Sprint Blue

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Gti Jazz Blue
    Well I have reps on the A3 that James (MarriedBlond) bought from SouthCoast and they aren't wearing well , washed the car last night and noticed that there a quite a few black spots on the wheels.

Initially I thought that it was tar but then realised that it is stone chips exposing black behind. At this rate I will need a touch-up stick for them from Halfords, that or have them sprayed black - hmmm black or dark anthrasite (sp) RS4 reps on a Black A3.

I'll see if I can get a pic later of them.

Paul
    Didn't MB give you a warranty on them?