Chris NottVolks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By coupe-se

Thread: Boot Cargo Net

Boydie

Boot Cargo Net

has anyone any pics or can get me pics of their cargo net in the boot?

does it hang half way up the boot from the pegs either side of the boot wall??

reason im asking is because i am getting a very subtle bootbuild made for the car and i still want to use my boot for some storage so i was thinking about getting this net

thanks in advance :D

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Hi Mate,

If it is the same cargo net as the one I have it is stretchy and fixes at floor level at each corner of the boot using the loading eyes.

That is unless there is a different type of loading net.

That is in a 2005 3 door btw.

Regards,

Paul
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

My BM is fixed!

Status
    This any use?

Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Quattro
    This any use?

Is that from an A4?

Boydie
    its an idea lol

but ill try get pics of what i mean this evening!

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    This is how my Audi boot net is attached. According to the manual, it can either be attached like this, or flat across the boot floor (3 door A3 by the way).

Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

Neutral

Status
    I thought those little hooks at the top of the boot either side were for your chinky!

My BM is fixed!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank
    I thought those little hooks at the top of the boot either side were for your chinky!
    careful you may offend...
    Chris

The problem with common sense, is that its not that common.

See my images @
    http://www.christianfrench.co.uk

Own a dreaded BMW? http://www.bmw-sport.net

Boydie
    oh thats borderline :P

yeah alan - thats exactly what im after!! perfecto!

ebay here i come!

whats that on the underside of your parcel shelf??

thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    whats that on the underside of your parcel shelf??
    I think it is an A4 boot, so that would be the speaker holes.

Boydie
    looks like a net and a handle to me Marc - i dont know what you are looking at :S

this is an A3 boot isnt it? the parcel shelf is raised i nthe top left corner. and a4 wouldnt do this

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Yup, its definately an A3 boot (unless someone has swopped by A4 for an A4 while I wasn't looking ). Underneath the parcel shelf is another cargo net and a bag hook, which come as part of the storage pack or luggage pack (can't remember which one, as I specced both options). The bag hook comes in handy quite often to stop a bag sliding around, but I haven't used the under shelf net much so far.
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

Boydie
    both those nets and hook would be ideal for me when i get the sounds system in, can you buy this after market from audi??

can you get me a pic of the underside of the parcel shelf??

thanks

6th Gear

Status
    This pic ok for you?

I find mine really useful, got it for a tenner off ebay.

Also Plank using the word 'Chinky' is classed as racist to some people, being chinese myself i find it very offensive but i aint offended this time i as i know you are a pure bellend naturally in life.

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie
    can you get me a pic of the underside of the parcel shelf??
    I'll try and remember to take a photo of it when I get in from work tomorrow for ya

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3
    Also Plank using the word 'Chinky' is classed as racist to some people, being chinese myself i find it very offensive but i aint offended this time i as i know you are a pure bellend naturally in life.
    Whilst I still find it difficult to understand how referring to a chinese meal as such is racist, I can see why using the word to describe a Chinese person or anything of Chinese origin can cause offence and therefore any use of such a term should be avoided in this diverse age that we live in (how PC am I?).

I do however find the use of the term "bellend" when appropriately used as in this case, to be more than acceptable.

In Plank's defence, he suffers from nothing more than speaking (typing in this case) before thinking...something that many of us have suffered from at some stage in the past.

Go easy on him if you can...
    Last edited by normski; 12th April 2007 at 23:14.
    Silver 2007 S3

Boydie
    Robin - i take it the net you have is different from the one that alanjonesbath has?

his is the one i want - anyone a part number or link to where i can get one? possible the one as well under the parcel shelf?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinA3
    Politicaly Correct bullsh*t from overly sensitive do-gooders like this seriously gets on my tits and is destroying this country.

Normal people do occasionaly refer to a Chinese/Cantonese TAKEAWAY (note: not a person or group of people) as a 'chinky'.

FFS its not a slur as they are going to the place by choice to spend money and enjoy a good meal. Jeez ... people shorten the name of a Chip Shop to 'chippy' and where I live a Kebab refer is refer to as a 'Zorbas' due to a chain of Keba shops in the area being named as such.

If peoples lives are so small that they have to make an issue and feel they must comment about a slang term for a shop .......... well get a bloody life!!

Before the racist accusations fly, none of you have no idea what my ethnic background is and it really is of no importance as I consider myself british. Part of my family is Iranian, one of my best friends is Afro-Caribbean, and I choose to have the very best dentist in my City who happens to be an Asian and a great bloke ........pretty much mulitcultural here but I do not confuse racism issues with P.C. nonsense!!
    Those of us that actually have been on the end of REAL discrimination in their lives, can put non issues like this in perspective.
    Last edited by coupe-se; 13th April 2007 at 11:07.
    Matt_S likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe-se
    Politicaly Correct bullsh*t from overly sensitive do-gooders like this seriously gets on my tits and is destroying this country.

Normal people do occasionaly refer to a Chinese/Cantonese TAKEAWAY (note: not a person or group of people) as a 'chinky'.

FFS its not a slur as they are going to the place by choice to spend money and enjoy a good meal. Jeez ... people shorten the name of a Chip Shop to 'chippy' and where I live a Kebab refer is refer to as a 'Zorbas' due to a chain of Keba shops in the area being named as such.

If peoples lives are so small that they have to make an issue and feel they must comment about a slang term for a shop .......... well get a bloody life!!

Before the racist accusations fly, none of you have no idea what my ethnic background is and it really is of no importance as I consider myself british. Part of my family is Iranian, one of my best friends is Afro-Caribbean, and I choose to have the very best dentist in my City who happens to be an Asian and a great bloke ........pretty much mulitcultural here but I do not confuse racism issues with P.C. nonsense!!
    Those of us that actually have been on the end of REAL discrimination in their lives, can put non issues like this in perspective.
    You've got my vote, mate. coupe-se for Prime Minister!!
    I wouldn't be so paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me......

Spook's Silv3r Ghost - with Recaro bucket seats - is here!

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydie View Post
    looks like a net and a handle to me Marc - i dont know what you are looking at :S

this is an A3 boot isnt it? the parcel shelf is raised i nthe top left corner. and a4 wouldnt do this

Anyone have any idea what the part numbers are for the hook and net that attach under the parcel shelf?
    A3 8P 2.0 TDI (140ps) Sport DSG
    Factory | Sunroof | Xenons | Cruise | Parking sensors | Headlight washers | Red Vienna leather | Bose | Piano black inserts | Heated Seats | Electric lumbar | Front Arm Rest
    Retro | S-Line roof spoiler | 18" RS6 | Angel Tuning remap | ITG Performance Air Filter | RNS-E + Bluetooth | Tomtom iPhone car kit | Removable tow bar
    In progress | Ashtray deletion | Factory matched tints
    Wish list | MFSW | Auto wipers/lights | Auto dimming mirrors | Folding mirrors

5th Gear

Status
    i dont have that luggage net on the underside of the parcel shelf

can i be bought/installed? anyone done it?
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

Neutral

Status
    Any idea where you can get a luggage net for the passenger footwell too? I think i have seem them fitted?

Audi Retrofitter

Status
    North, East, South, West London & Dartford in Kent

My Social Networking

Visit Ash187's Instagram Channel
    i want that net under the parcel shelf! going to start looking for that now.
    the cargo net looks good too
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI
    Dark Headlining, Bose, Alcantara Leather, Lights Pack

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale
    Read My Blog & Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    The net under the parcel shelf is odd as you can't really put anything of any weight in it.
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

i retrofitted the net on the passenger side footwell and have not yet made any use of it, and its been about a year lol
    i like the way it looks
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:
    S3 facelift, 19" RS6, RS3 Grill, TTRS FBMFSW, A5 S-Line Heated Seats, Bi-Xenons, Auto Lights & Wipers, Eibach Sportlines, S3 brakes, Cruise, Pioneer HU, Reverse Camera, OEM Parking Sensors, Auto Folding & Dimming Dumbo Mirrors, LED Tail Lights, S3 Pedals, Tints, Carbon Trims.

Items for Sale

1st Gear

Status
    It's a good receipt holder. Or small map holder. Or... erm.. yes.
    A1 | 1.4 TFSI | S-Line | Misano Red

Neutral

Status
    Sorry for hijack! Ash, is footwell an easy fit and any part numbers/price? Cheers

Audi Retrofitter

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Smithymartyn View Post
    Sorry for hijack! Ash, is footwell an easy fit and any part numbers/price? Cheers
    found this for you,
    Net on side of centre console A3 (8P)

it is actually a rivet fit into place but i just used small screws and screwed it into the side of the centre console as i dont have a rivet gun.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI

MODS:

Items for Sale

5th Gear

Status
    Got mine from here boys:

BKS Tuning
    Moved to the Darkside click below: