Delayed orders?

mark88

Reaction score
Any of you guys had your delivery date put back due to Audi UK having a backlog of cars that need to be shipped over?

no mine is actually early ! was supposed to be end of month maybe start of May but im supposed to collect on Saturday , maybe even Friday if im a good wee bhoy :eyebrows:

Yep - mine is currently standing at 6 months from the point of order.

Just waiting to get a test drive in a MkV GTi DSG, that may be where I am heading!

Me too :(
Ordered just over a week ago and I have got to wait till September.
One dealer said I could get on for the last week of August, but may as well wait an extra few weeks and get the new plate.

A real bummer though - gutted!

spencerjoel said:
Me too :(
Ordered just over a week ago and I have got to wait till September.
One dealer said I could get on for the last week of August, but may as well wait an extra few weeks and get the new plate.

A real bummer though - gutted!

don't be so down, look on the bright side, you will have 2008 specs. :o.k:

True - cheers for the pick me up!:)
Are the 2008 specs any different? Im all excited now!

spencerjoel said:
True - cheers for the pick me up!:)
Are the 2008 specs any different? Im all excited now!

Not sure to be honest, I would assume some small changes in the interior to set apart from 2007 specs, nothing major I'd say. People all say different about when the next year spec comes, but accordingly to h5djr (knowledgable member here, also other forums) spec are finalize and send to dealer by May and production takes effect by 1st June (anyone would like to comment?). You should definately double check with your dealer for details when they do finalize.

But hey, 2008 is 2008 specs, and you will be in line for one. If all goes well you will be driving your 2008 A3 in September 2007. :cool:

yeh pretty sure 'full model year changes' happen mid-year

Audi start allocating new, in this case 08, VIN numbers to all cars produced on or after 1st June 2007.

Rather than being delayed, my S3 has just been brought forward two weeks to week 18!

Have now had it confirmed by Audi CS and 3 dealers that there are no changes to the S3 this year (no suprise there). Don't know about the A3 though.

normski said:
Rather than being delayed, my S3 has just been brought forward two weeks to week 18!

Have now had it confirmed by Audi CS and 3 dealers that there are no changes to the S3 this year (no suprise there). Don't know about the A3 though.

Yep, mine is the same, has been brought forward 2 weeks, to build week 18. Knowing my luck though, it'll sit in Germany for 2 extra weeks :mad:

hardcore Hallam said:
Yep, mine is the same, has been brought forward 2 weeks, to build week 18. Knowing my luck though, it'll sit in Germany for 2 extra weeks :mad:

When are you expecting to take delivery of your car from the dealer?
I'm build week 19 and been told early to mid June, does that sound right to you?

Week 19 is I assume the week beginning 7th May.

I would think the last week in May/first week in June should be about right.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the factory to dealer times, judging by everyone elses experiences!

The dealer told me that it takes 1 week to build the car, then approx 4 weeks to deliver. Once the dealer receives the car, they can turn the car around in 2 days

hardcore Hallam said:
The dealer told me that it takes 1 week to build the car, then approx 4 weeks to deliver. Once the dealer receives the car, they can turn the car around in 2 days

My dealer got their own S3 recently three weeks after the build week commencement, with a delay of several days at Grimsby due to a transport shortage.

It seems to vary wildly for sure.

I ordered my A3 Sportback yesterday from Warrington Audi. The salesperson told me that they had used all their allocations for orders for April and we would go into a queue for May's orders. Prospective delivery date is 1st August.:sadlike: he further explained that the delay was also due to the new A5 being built in the same factory and thus taking precedent. Anyone else been informed of this?

Update - My A3 Sportback has now been officially ordered by the dealer on the 1st May. I have been given a date of build week 24 and to expect delivery end of June, beginning of July. Anyone else got this date, and should I expect my car around these times?

As long as it's built before then end of July. The plant at Ingolstadt closes for the whole of August!

In an article I read today that the Paint Shop Manager at Ingolstadt has just been appointed to run the Brussels factory, recently handed over to Audi by Volkswagen. Audi will build 84,000 A3s a year at this plant up to 2009 when it will then build 100,000 of the new A1 small cars. I assume production of A3s will start here in September.

Oredred my S line A4 8 weeks ago with a 12 week lead time, delivery still on for end of May (fingers crossed)

dkjc said:
Update - My A3 Sportback has now been officially ordered by the dealer on the 1st May. I have been given a date of build week 24 and to expect delivery end of June, beginning of July. Anyone else got this date, and should I expect my car around these times?

Optimistic maybe...

My car is week 18, hence build commencing last Monday, 30th April.

I am not expecting it until last week in May/ first week in June. I reckon early to mid-July at the soonest mate.