Connection on a3 sportsback

john24susan

Reaction score
HI, Can any one tell me where the plug in port is for connection for a pc cable in the a3 and can any one tell me what soft wear is required to run a check on my car ie performance and fault finding and long life service rest . many thanks john24susan.

john24susan said:
HI, Can any one tell me where the plug in port is for connection for a pc cable in the a3 and can any one tell me what soft wear is required to run a check on my car ie performance and fault finding and long life service rest . many thanks john24susan.

Vag Com at the following address - http://www.ross-tech.com/
There's loads of different types specific for each vehicle. The type I got was a "CAN-BUS" usb lead for the A3-8P model and is compatible with the new Golf range also. See the website for details.

The port is located near the bonet release lever. It will be a black coloured port, looks a little bit like a printer port (sort of).

Thanks jo sal77, this is my first thead and i am very impressed how much info is on the forum. Is the port under the plastic cover where the bonet release lever is or is it open to view ?
My son has a VW polo 1.2, would the softwear be sutible for his car ? 56 plate. thanks john 24susan