Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S3 Races?

Sepang Blue S3

Status
    On my 2.0T Quatty I think 60 is the borderline for 2nd I think.

DM
    2012 Porsche Cayman R Peridot Green MY12
    2011 Porsche Cayman S Basalt Black MY08

2010 S3 Sepang Blue MY10
    2009 S3 Imola Yellow MY09
    2007 S3 Solar Orange MY08
    2005 A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line 200Bhp MY06 : Misano Red
    2003 A3 2.0Tdi Sport 140Bhp MY04 : Brilliant Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

windsurfer

Status
    the new TT 2.0 reaches 62mph on 2nd gear... So it seems we have to work hard to get those claimed 5.7sec....

In gear acceleration there is not a chance for any stock 2.0 TFSI from the TT or Golf GTI, it is really faster. After mine I drove my friends TT and you can see how "slow" the TT is... Different engine tone as well...

Pedro

P.S.: My S3 is with 4000Km already and I got it only last wednesday (big trip Inverness-Porto) It will rest for a few weeks now... lol
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

under pressure

Status
    I think the speedo is off in that TT and maybe that's why it reached 280 km/h on that inclined road.
    As far as i know, the TT 2.0 and the A3 2.0 TFSI have the same engine and gearbox, so at the same rpm should have exactly the same speed.
    Audi S3 2.0 TFSI quattro - Turbo-Back exhaust - Cold Air Intake - Uprated Fuel Pump - Upgraded Clutch - Upgraded Intercooler - Stage2+ Software

windsurfer

Status
    now that you say that you might be right. That TT has the optional 18s turbine wheels with 245 tires...

Nevertheless, my S3 is way fast than my friends TT!

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE79
    I'm only jestin guys but come on.... where's ya balls. Picture it, sitting at the lights, boy'd up golf next to ya,

Hey now remember some of us were driving Golfs not that long ago
    2011 (MY12) Skoda Octavia II FL VRS Manual Hatch 2.0Tsi in Race Blue.
    Gone not forgotten -
    2005 Black A3 (8P1) S-Line 2.0TDi DSG. Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD shocks and a few bling bits inside.
    Revo 99 GTi Turbo, too much to list mod wise.
    92 Golf Gti Mark 2 16V.

VCDS HEX-USB+CAN

2nd Gear

Status
    LOL...

it was the first car that popped in to my head.... I like Golf's.

Erm, shall we say Fiesta XR2i then???

Although there is no point if its not even a challenge

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLE79
    LOL...

it was the first car that popped in to my head.... I like Golf's.

Erm, shall we say Fiesta XR2i then???

Although there is no point if its not even a challenge
    Don't try and get out of it, you're out of order

Drifting With All 4 Wheels

Status
    Everybody who buys a performance car ie S3 etc must by definition enjoy the extra performance or they would not bother. I enjoy my cars performance regularly but like masturbation it is largely a solo pleasure.
    I recently witnessed a BMW and a Golf GTI racing past me on a dual carriageway then promptly crash into each other. The moral is that you may be Michael Schumacher etc but the other guy might be Homer Simpson. Try claiming on your insurance (Homer might not have any!), "i was racing along the road when...."

The sting in the tail is....3 weeks later i got caught in a radar trap at the very spot of the crash doing 50 in a 30 (who would have thought that a dual carriageway would be a 30?).

So next time Johnny Boy Racer in his Chav GTI wants a race, decide if you want to risk not only being a social leper but also if you want to risk him going into the back of you as you outbrake him into that roundabout!!!!!!

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3QuattroDrift
    I recently witnessed a BMW and a Golf GTI racing past me on a dual carriageway then promptly crash into each other

LOL

..seen the other day, two identical cars racing each other off the lights, its one of those situations where the two lanes merge into one with a traffic island preventing two cars going through after a hundred yards. Neither wanted to let the other go 1st so they both tried to go through at the same time with predictable results. Me and my GF just looked back and laughed as there is allways someone wanting to race at those lights.
    Reminded me of this thread..

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123