Noisy wipers

A3JB

Reaction score
Is it just mine....
Every now and then normally in intermittant mode the wipers appear to hit each other briefly at the bottom of the screen just before they start to come up again. Doesn't do it all the time. no set cycle to it either. Weirdly it almost never seems to do it when the wipers are on constant when its raining..
Also there are no marks on the edges of the wipers to suggest they are hitting each other..
Any ideas ???

I think there's some sort of recall on for wiper motors at the moment. Maybe something to do with that?

I would check that the wipers are tightly bolted down. I tried to use the wipers one frosty morning, and one moved but the other was still frozen to the glass, which put them out-of-sync. When I checked later, the bolts (underneath each small plastic cover) were really loose. Took minutes to adjust them and tighten both up again.

I noticed that my wipers seem to have two different park positions, one about 40mm higher than the other, being what I call normal position. Maybe something to do with that...

I think mine are similar to the first post.

When in auto rain sensor mode, the left sits a little higher then the right. And then sometimes it move up slighty and down again. But when in normal constant sue, and you switch them off, its ok.

wierd. So you think this is related to this wiper recall? How can i find out?

The wipers 'park' at a slightly different location each time when in use. They will rest at the lowest position when switched off.

This is a feature to avoid rubber fatigue if I'm not wrong...

SamDude said:
The wipers 'park' at a slightly different location each time when in use. They will rest at the lowest position when switched off.

This is a feature to avoid rubber fatigue if I'm not wrong...

nice one sam, so that means nothing is wrong then. How come only the left one does this?