AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status

How much are these wheel & tyres worth?

Hi guys,

Need some advice. When i bought my car a few weeks ago, the chap had replaced the wheels and tyres with some new ones. The replaced set were given to me when i bought my car. As i dont need them, i want to sell them, but not sure how much they are worth.

Below are some pictures. Click on them for a bigger view.

There 205/55R16. tyres are Bridge Stone with loads of thread as they have hardly been used. You can even see some faint red colour form centre of the tyre.

Wheels are in very good condition. some tiny rust spots on one or two wheels, and one bubble near the middle of one of the wheels.

so how much you rekcon all four tyres and wheel are worth?

thanks.

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S-Line
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Have you tried looking on Ebay for similar wheels, it's usually helpful to see a similar ish set, the price and how much interest there is, as they are only worth what someone will pay for them.
    Silver 2007 S3

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Had a look on ebay, but couldn't see any 7 spoke wheels.
    Amalfi White || Comfort Pack || Audi Sound System 10 Speakers || Interior Light Pack || Elec Lumber Support || Sat Nav || Non Smoking pack

is a retronaut

Status
    How many bloody pics?!!
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000
    How many bloody pics?!!
    Sorry , just wanted to give a better idea of the condition they are in.

6th Gear

Status
    FYI, they're the standard wheels from the SE model. If you can't sell them as a set then maybe try individually as there could well be SE owners out there with an odd damaged wheel they'd like to replace?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

A4 3.0 cabriolet

Status
    realisticly on ebay i bet £100 quid as there a small wheel? would appeal to someone looking to replace damaged wheels only I think??

5th Gear

Status
    One way to find out, hang around and see if a set comes up on fleebay and then see what they go for, or just stick them on.
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

5th Gear

Status
    personnally id keep them for winter wheels as you will hardly get alot for them

2009 Suzuki GSXR1000K9 SE in White
    2012 Triumph Speed Triple R in Black
    2012 RS3 in Racing Mica Blue
    2012 A1 TFSI in Misano red (shared with mum)

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    mmmmm...i always thought they would be worth more then £200. Never mind. We havnt got much room in the shead, hence the reason to get rid of them. May just hang onto them a little longer then.

cheers for the info guys.

Status
    I sold a totally identical set on eBay for £250 last summer, after replacing them with 17" Stars. Same condition Potenza tyres, same SE alloys.

In my opinion, they weren't worth anything like that amount, but I put "Audi/VW" in the listing title to generate more interest. The winning bidder turned up in a VW camper (based on the Transporter van) and having looked at his feedback, he'd bought lots of upgrades for it and the wheels were about to join them! I'd just stick them on eBay - there's absolutely no point keeping them.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by benw123
    I sold a totally identical set on eBay for 250 last summer, after replacing them with 17" Stars. Same condition Potenza tyres, same SE alloys.

In my opinion, they weren't worth anything like that amount, but I put "Audi/VW" in the listing title to generate more interest. The winning bidder turned up in a VW camper (based on the Transporter van) and having looked at his feedback, he'd bought lots of upgrades for it and the wheels were about to join them! I'd just stick them on eBay - there's absolutely no point keeping them.

Nice one. Thats the answer i was looking for.
    Thanks a lot.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MiT

Nice one. Thats the answer i was looking for.
    Thanks a lot.
    No worries - just remember to really go to town on the listing. I did - pictures of each wheel separately, then together, then standing up side-by-side so the tread could be compared. It makes a difference.

The fitment details are 5x112 stud pattern with an ET50 offset (http://www.alloyguide.co.uk to check), and this means they will fit most other VAG cars, especially the new Golf and new Seat Leon. Mention this - with a disclaimer for the bidder to check their car first beforehand - and add VAG manufacturer names (e.g. VW, Seat) to the listing title for the best results. I know some people don't like this tactic but it certainly works.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

MiT
    Work Hard, Play harder!!

Status

That helps even more. Thanks once again.