How much are these wheel & tyres worth?

MiT

Work Hard, Play harder!!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Need some advice. When i bought my car a few weeks ago, the chap had replaced the wheels and tyres with some new ones. The replaced set were given to me when i bought my car. As i dont need them, i want to sell them, but not sure how much they are worth.

Below are some pictures. Click on them for a bigger view.

There 205/55R16. tyres are Bridge Stone with loads of thread as they have hardly been used. You can even see some faint red colour form centre of the tyre.

Wheels are in very good condition. some tiny rust spots on one or two wheels, and one bubble near the middle of one of the wheels.

so how much you rekcon all four tyres and wheel are worth?

thanks.

wheels17.jpg

wheels16.jpg

wheels15.jpg

wheels14.jpg

wheels13.jpg

wheels12.jpg

wheels11.jpg

wheels10.jpg

wheels9.jpg

wheels8.jpg

wheels7.jpg

wheels6.jpg

wheels5.jpg

wheels4.jpg

wheels3.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels1.jpg

wheels.jpg

Have you tried looking on Ebay for similar wheels, it's usually helpful to see a similar ish set, the price and how much interest there is, as they are only worth what someone will pay for them.

Had a look on ebay, but couldn't see any 7 spoke wheels.

staz1000 said:
How many ****** pics?!!

Sorry , just wanted to give a better idea of the condition they are in. :)

FYI, they're the standard wheels from the SE model. If you can't sell them as a set then maybe try individually as there could well be SE owners out there with an odd damaged wheel they'd like to replace?

realisticly on ebay i bet £100 quid as there a small wheel? would appeal to someone looking to replace damaged wheels only I think??

One way to find out, hang around and see if a set comes up on fleebay and then see what they go for, or just stick them on.

personnally id keep them for winter wheels as you will hardly get alot for them

mmmmm...i always thought they would be worth more then £200. Never mind. We havnt got much room in the shead, hence the reason to get rid of them. May just hang onto them a little longer then.

cheers for the info guys.

I sold a totally identical set on eBay for £250 last summer, after replacing them with 17" Stars. Same condition Potenza tyres, same SE alloys.

In my opinion, they weren't worth anything like that amount, but I put "Audi/VW" in the listing title to generate more interest. The winning bidder turned up in a VW camper (based on the Transporter van) and having looked at his feedback, he'd bought lots of upgrades for it and the wheels were about to join them! I'd just stick them on eBay - there's absolutely no point keeping them.

benw123 said:
I sold a totally identical set on eBay for £250 last summer, after replacing them with 17" Stars. Same condition Potenza tyres, same SE alloys.

In my opinion, they weren't worth anything like that amount, but I put "Audi/VW" in the listing title to generate more interest. The winning bidder turned up in a VW camper (based on the Transporter van) and having looked at his feedback, he'd bought lots of upgrades for it and the wheels were about to join them! I'd just stick them on eBay - there's absolutely no point keeping them.

:icon_thumright:

Nice one. Thats the answer i was looking for.
Thanks a lot.

MiT said:
:icon_thumright:

Nice one. Thats the answer i was looking for.
Thanks a lot.
No worries - just remember to really go to town on the listing. I did - pictures of each wheel separately, then together, then standing up side-by-side so the tread could be compared. It makes a difference.

The fitment details are 5x112 stud pattern with an ET50 offset (http://www.alloyguide.co.uk to check), and this means they will fit most other VAG cars, especially the new Golf and new Seat Leon. Mention this - with a disclaimer for the bidder to check their car first beforehand - and add VAG manufacturer names (e.g. VW, Seat) to the listing title for the best results. I know some people don't like this tactic but it certainly works.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

That helps even more. Thanks once again.