cd changer wiring 2007 a3 with new hu

cjp2k

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got my cd changer cable and its got what looks like a ground cable thats seperate from the block... my question is where does this go on the quadlock connector or can i just ignore it??

cheers
Chris

If it's a ground cable then it needs to be bolted to the cars chassis. The changer should work without it but you may experience alternator whine/interference.

cjp2k said:
Hi guys, just got my cd changer cable and its got what looks like a ground cable thats seperate from the block... my question is where does this go on the quadlock connector or can i just ignore it??

cheers
Chris
if it is a longer brown wire than the other 8 then it is the earth. if you connect it to one of the bolts behind the head unit you should be in business. stick a ring connector on the end of the wire and put the bolt through the middle of it - that's what I did with mine.

Got it sorted, starting 2 think I had a duff changer as it wouldnt work, So I pressed one of the earth cables to the side of the headunit and it burst into life, SO i have clipped it onto the headunits body for now as I cant work out how to take pins out of the quadlock to do it properly!!