Oh **** - Its Started! :-(

RobinA3

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
wheel.jpg

Happening on 3 of the wheels..................

Hopefully they are under warranty...........

Corrosion? Didn't that occur on the Polo MK5 GTi's (BBS)...

My 20 spokes are doing the same, I checked thoroughly to see if the area's that is bubbling had any damage or breaks in the paint but there's none. Its definately come form the inside out on mine. :mad:

Really getting concerned about the legendary Audi quality or lack of it after only 8 moths and 11k miles.:gun2:

emzino said:

Certainly did mate! Happened on my Dads and he got them replaced no problem from VW under warranty.

Wish I could claim. Getting one of my kerbed wheels (missus fault not mine!) refurbed on Tuesday.

benw123 said:
Wish I could claim. Getting one of my kerbed wheels (missus fault not mine!) refurbed on Tuesday.

How much is that costing you?

Cheers for info.

Am afarid i cant blame anybody it was my fault. New car, so taken some time to get ajusted to the bigger body.

And whats all this about steering into the kerb, i dont get it?

Are you using a Natural Acid Based Cleaner? (so not Wonder Wheels or Autoglym) If so thats a recipe for disaster with Split Rim wheels.

I used Virosol on my BBS San Marino's for two years and never had a problem.

emzino said:

It has on the ones I've seen, my Dad had one and the wheels where a right mess (all 4 of them)!

Shame really as they are good looking wheels.

Hi,

I am new here. Currently drive a brilliant red A3 2.0T with the 20spoke BBS rim. Love it to bits. Car is 15 months old - absolutely no hassels at all. They still look as good as new.

Ordered my 8P S3 with the same wheels. Spoke to my dealer today. Car has been built. On the next vessel to South Africa. Should have it n a months time.

Pic of my A3 :
DSC02946_1.jpg

sneekpreview.jpg

you are putting those wheels on a S3?? they will look lost in the arches!!

nice to hear of audi's down in SA! I am for capetown and george this summer (your winter) on tour with my rugby team!! :D

oh dear oh dear oh dear, looks like we have YET AGAIN ANOTHER famous wheel corrosion problem just like the MK4 anni's. If its the same kinda thing everyone who has this wheel WILL get corrosion. Ive spoke to MANY anni owners and most of them are on their 3rd even 4th set of wheels from VW due to corrosion. So glad i didnt opt for these now. Best of luck guys.

Boydie said:
you are putting those wheels on a S3?? they will look lost in the arches!!

It's 7,5 J, i.e. exactly the same offset as the original wheel. Hence I do not think it will look to small. I just love those rims !!!!

Mikey said:
oh dear oh dear oh dear, looks like we have YET AGAIN ANOTHER famous wheel corrosion problem just like the MK4 anni's. If its the same kinda thing everyone who has this wheel WILL get corrosion. Ive spoke to MANY anni owners and most of them are on their 3rd even 4th set of wheels from VW due to corrosion. So glad i didnt opt for these now. Best of luck guys.

My GF's wheels on her Anni have that problem

2nd set of wheels now

This problem has happened to EVERY set of Anni wheels