Audi A3 RSN-E Navigation

curley

Reaction score
Thought i would let you guys know about a seller on ebay selling these units.
nikin777 has sold a few units to a few of you guys but im having a lot of trouble with this seller.
I put in an offer for 2 units, £420 each, one for me and one for Beddie (Good friend of mine).. The units arrived on Tuesday afternoon. One was spot on, really good condition but the other had a very deep scratch on the display. The units were packed very well with foam and cling film on the front of the 2 units. This is the thing, the cling film didnt have any marks on it where something had scratched through.. Im thinking because i bought 2 units she put a duff one in with a really good one.
She took a while to return any massages, wanted photo's of the display then says it must of happened in the post?? How when there is no marks one the packaging or on the cling film??. After quite a few emails from me and 3 from her she wants me to send the unit back at my own cost.:wtf: Waiting for a reply on that one :no:
Before anyone says "topsatnav" i have been intouch with Paul and he had none at the time. I waited a few weeks then ordered off this muppet.
Just putting you lot wise to this seller, if things go wrong i dont think you will get any joy from her unless you are gonna work for it.
I will let you know how this lot works out but my advice is STAY CLEAR!!!!

curley said:
After quite a few emails from me and 3 from her she wants me to send the unit back at my own cost.:wtf:

I think generally with any company or ebayer if you want to send something back you pay for the postage yourself. More out of a goodwill gesture. That's just how I've always done things. Never been offered for the costs to be paid for and when I have asked it has been refused.

I know what your saying Staz, depends on what/how good the company is but in my way of thinking he didnt scratch it so he shouldnt be liable for the costs. If you ask me your spot on Curley....she probably knew it was scratched !! You should have told her your part of a very popular Audi forum full of potential customers and if its not sorted out you'll have to inform them. Its worth a try mate

Normally i dont mind paying for things to return but when you know that someones pulling a fast one by giving a duff unit:no:
The unit was sent out with the scratch on it..

Mine was ok from nikin777.

Sorry to hear about yours, it does say in the adverts that if there is a fault you have to send it back and bear the cost. Suppose its the chance you take ordering from Lithuania. Luckily for me and JohnS3 it was ok!

You will never get one from e-bay totally perfect as they are all second hand. Mine has some very very light scratches on the display you can only see when the sunlight shines onto it. It seems this has happened when someone has dusted it.

One way of looking at it is think of the money you have saved over buying from Audi and cut your losses!

Where are they getting them from anyway? From someone elses car??

Exactly my thoughts !!! It could be all above board but who knows where he/she's getting them, they could be straight out of the chop shop for all we know. In that case i'd only pay £250 :laugh:

Lithuania?

I am going there for a stag weekend in July with 16 guys.

May have to speak to her before I go (assuming she sorts your problem) and get some of the guys to bring one back each.

any money that the OEM plant is there, these will be duff/return/refurbs that they get out of the factory some how

wonder if you would feel the same if you had got mine then.
When i say scratch!! i dont mean this was done by a MF cloth.
Think more on the lines of a scratch on your car that you can get your nail into.. thats what was on the screen of the navi unit i got.

interested to see a pic how bad the scratch is ...

curley said:
wonder if you would feel the same if you had got mine then.
When i say scratch!! i dont mean this was done by a MF cloth.
Think more on the lines of a scratch on your car that you can get your nail into.. thats what was on the screen of the navi unit i got.

I'm not trying to make light or rub it in mate, I would be well p*ssed off if in your position!

Just saying to other people it is rare from this seller as he/she has sold nearly 500 items on e-bay with very good feedback (not all RNS-E mind).

Hopefully you can send it back with a explanation about the clingfilm and it will be replaced.

Well if I ever do that mod on mine I will go with S8Craig, might pay more but at least it would be good fit and finish... and in case of any problems Manchester is not far...

Pedro

curley said:
When i say scratch!! i dont mean this was done by a MF cloth..

Have to agree John!

I had a look at Curley's unit when i picked up mine off him couple of nights back, as has been said my unit was spotless and unmarked and really does look as new, however, John's unit has a 'V' shaped gouge out of the screen material, much deeper than a scratch... :mad:

We're both realistic enough to realise that used units will inevitably have some minor marks or scratches etc consumate with being used by the previous owner, but in this case it really is more damage than you could reasonably expect to accept on a unit advertised as 'unmarked'..

Fingers crossed it all goes well eventually John and a really big thanks mate for sorting the whole thing out and for taking the 'bad' unit for yourself, cheers lar... :icon_thumright:

JamS3, Sorry mate, i'm just a bit fecked with it at the moment.
If any of you guys want to take a chance on buying from this seller and you do get a duff unit it will cost you £52.55 to send it back to Lithuania...
As JamS3 says his was good i'm prob just unlucky.. but it's a good chunk of money to return a unit that was damaged by someone else and it's you thats out of pocket to send the thing back.

Steve, No probs matey..
Have a good weekend.

You might be able to replace the screen alone. They're rare but do come up from time-to-time, and someone on navplus.us worked out that the RNS-E screen is the same as the one fitted in the Opel/Vauxhall (see this post: http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21643). I understand that it's not too difficult to change either.