2.0 TDI (140) Base spec, wheezy underpowerd over prices.... apparently

Bluefin isn't custom coded... It uses generic mapping for the car. Don't get me wrong it's results are stunning! but I just feel any car out of warranty should really get a custom coded remap i.e. on rolling road etc.

Just my 2cents

Bluefin isn't custom coded... It uses generic mapping for the car. Don't get me wrong it's results are stunning! but I just feel any car out of warranty should really get a custom coded remap i.e. on rolling road etc.

thats fine emzino ---- but you have got to pay for it......custom code will prob be more expensive....and bluefin gives you the ability to switch back and forth between maps.
Wehn you plant to do lots of things to the cat they all start to add up, notice lots of threads where you have mention alloys, bodykits, tints, re-maps etc....all of them expensive.
Can you afford them all......your may have to make compromises.
bluefin seems the best available option for the price and flexability.

Of course if you have the money to go for your custom re-map go for it. Let us know how it goes.

DIABLO636 said:
thats fine emzino ---- but you have got to pay for it......custom code will prob be more expensive....and bluefin gives you the ability to switch back and forth between maps.
Wehn you plant to do lots of things to the cat they all start to add up, notice lots of threads where you have mention alloys, bodykits, tints, re-maps etc....all of them expensive.
Can you afford them all......your may have to make compromises.
bluefin seems the best available option for the price and flexability.

Of course if you have the money to go for your custom re-map go for it. Let us know how it goes.

:yes:

Okie doke :) Well i'm defo gonna do custom remap. I noway have the money, just work as hard as I can and i'm more of a saver so I WILL do it.

So yea, will keep ulot posted but do bare with me lol. I'll probably post a thread when i've got the money so I know where to go :)

05 Sportback Sport and 30K on the clock no grumbles here what so ever. Have driven similar sized engine Vauxhalls (Zafira made me death in one ear and the Vectra has a real anoying wizzing noise and Fords (What have Ford done to the Focus???) Also a BMW 320d saloon cabin noise sounded less refined than me A3. I went from a 1.4 Almera so I'm easily impressed.

Looking for a 170tdi A4 Avant now.

I have a 140, and yes its not the fastest engine in the world, but what do people expect for a 140 hp diesel, I never have a car without tuning it anyway, and once tuned the 140 is a completely different animal

GET IT REMAPPED

COLDSTEEL said:
Also a BMW 320d saloon cabin noise sounded less refined than me A3

Did you have the windows down or something ?
Seriously,you must be the first person I've heard that doesn't think the 320 is much more refined.
That isn't me blowing smoke up BMW's ***,not at all.
I've never owned a BMW and I don't plan to own a BMW next.
However, I have driven a 320D and it is much,much,more refined than the A3.

In fact my wife's Renault (new shape) Clio is more refined than my A3.
I kid you not !
The diesel engine is quieter and road noise is much better suppressed.
Much quieter at motorway speeds.
I don't need a db meter to tell me conversation is much easier and my daughter can hear her DVD player better.
This is why we took the Clio from Aberdeen to Alton Towers 2 weeks ago,rather than the A3.
I wouldn't have believed it myself until we got her car.
If you don't believe me,go drive one.

bowfer said:
Did you have the windows down or something ?
Seriously,you must be the first person I've heard that doesn't think the 320 is much more refined.
That isn't me blowing smoke up BMW's ***,not at all.
I've never owned a BMW and I don't plan to own a BMW next.
However, I have driven a 320D and it is much,much,more refined than the A3.

In fact my wife's Renault (new shape) Clio is more refined than my A3.
I kid you not !
The diesel engine is quieter and road noise is much better suppressed.
Much quieter at motorway speeds.
I don't need a db meter to tell me conversation is much easier and my daughter can hear her DVD player better.
This is why we took the Clio from Aberdeen to Alton Towers 2 weeks ago,rather than the A3.
I wouldn't have believed it myself until we got her car.
If you don't believe me,go drive one.

I have never driven a 320D, but the 330D is noisey as far as I am concerned.