Badger5AH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,224
    Bluefin isn't custom coded... It uses generic mapping for the car. Don't get me wrong it's results are stunning! but I just feel any car out of warranty should really get a custom coded remap i.e. on rolling road etc.

    Just my 2cents
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.



    Gone but not forgotten

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    rich1068's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    673
    Don't you believe it emzino. But you do what you want to do


    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

    Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

  4. #43
    DIABLO636's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    261
    Bluefin isn't custom coded... It uses generic mapping for the car. Don't get me wrong it's results are stunning! but I just feel any car out of warranty should really get a custom coded remap i.e. on rolling road etc.
    thats fine emzino ---- but you have got to pay for it......custom code will prob be more expensive....and bluefin gives you the ability to switch back and forth between maps.
    Wehn you plant to do lots of things to the cat they all start to add up, notice lots of threads where you have mention alloys, bodykits, tints, re-maps etc....all of them expensive.
    Can you afford them all......your may have to make compromises.
    bluefin seems the best available option for the price and flexability.

    Of course if you have the money to go for your custom re-map go for it. Let us know how it goes.
    Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 S-Line DSG (Met Silver - Bose - Symphony II - 6 CD Changer - Audi Phone Kit - iPod - Center Arm Rest)
    SOLD Kawasaki ZX636R Ninja (b1h) (Met Black - Steering Damper - Fabbri Screen - Scorpion Exhaust - Braided Hoses - Seat Cowl - Mini indicators - Pirelli Diablo Corsa III Dual Compound Tyres)

  5. #44
    SamDude's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,091
    Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO636
    thats fine emzino ---- but you have got to pay for it......custom code will prob be more expensive....and bluefin gives you the ability to switch back and forth between maps.
    Wehn you plant to do lots of things to the cat they all start to add up, notice lots of threads where you have mention alloys, bodykits, tints, re-maps etc....all of them expensive.
    Can you afford them all......your may have to make compromises.
    bluefin seems the best available option for the price and flexability.

    Of course if you have the money to go for your custom re-map go for it. Let us know how it goes.

  6. #45
    normski's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    497
    Last edited by normski; 9th April 2007 at 15:30.
    Silver 2007 S3

  7. #46
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,224
    Okie doke Well i'm defo gonna do custom remap. I noway have the money, just work as hard as I can and i'm more of a saver so I WILL do it.

    So yea, will keep ulot posted but do bare with me lol. I'll probably post a thread when i've got the money so I know where to go
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.



    Gone but not forgotten

  8. #47
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    104
    05 Sportback Sport and 30K on the clock no grumbles here what so ever. Have driven similar sized engine Vauxhalls (Zafira made me death in one ear and the Vectra has a real anoying wizzing noise and Fords (What have Ford done to the Focus???) Also a BMW 320d saloon cabin noise sounded less refined than me A3. I went from a 1.4 Almera so I'm easily impressed.

    Looking for a 170tdi A4 Avant now.

  9. #48
    stevehsv868's Avatar
    Unofficial Audi UK Endurance Test Driver

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    100
    I have a 140, and yes its not the fastest engine in the world, but what do people expect for a 140 hp diesel, I never have a car without tuning it anyway, and once tuned the 140 is a completely different animal

    GET IT REMAPPED
    LAND ROVER DEFENDER 2.5 Td5
    EGR valve removed, DE-cat down pipe, Turbo boost pressure increased to 22 psi, Upgraded full size intercooler, Stage 3 remap, single mass flywheel conversion, with performance pressure plate and racing friction disc. 210hp 500 Nm

    The Audi A3 2.0 TDI S line DSG Has gone and forgotten

  10. #49
    Amchlolor's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    5,602
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDSTEEL
    Also a BMW 320d saloon cabin noise sounded less refined than me A3
    Did you have the windows down or something ?
    Seriously,you must be the first person I've heard that doesn't think the 320 is much more refined.
    That isn't me blowing smoke up BMW's ass,not at all.
    I've never owned a BMW and I don't plan to own a BMW next.
    However, I have driven a 320D and it is much,much,more refined than the A3.

    In fact my wife's Renault (new shape) Clio is more refined than my A3.
    I kid you not !
    The diesel engine is quieter and road noise is much better suppressed.
    Much quieter at motorway speeds.
    I don't need a db meter to tell me conversation is much easier and my daughter can hear her DVD player better.
    This is why we took the Clio from Aberdeen to Alton Towers 2 weeks ago,rather than the A3.
    I wouldn't have believed it myself until we got her car.
    If you don't believe me,go drive one.
    Last edited by Amchlolor; 3rd May 2007 at 13:06.
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

  11. #50
    normski's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by bowfer
    Did you have the windows down or something ?
    Seriously,you must be the first person I've heard that doesn't think the 320 is much more refined.
    That isn't me blowing smoke up BMW's ass,not at all.
    I've never owned a BMW and I don't plan to own a BMW next.
    However, I have driven a 320D and it is much,much,more refined than the A3.

    In fact my wife's Renault (new shape) Clio is more refined than my A3.
    I kid you not !
    The diesel engine is quieter and road noise is much better suppressed.
    Much quieter at motorway speeds.
    I don't need a db meter to tell me conversation is much easier and my daughter can hear her DVD player better.
    This is why we took the Clio from Aberdeen to Alton Towers 2 weeks ago,rather than the A3.
    I wouldn't have believed it myself until we got her car.
    If you don't believe me,go drive one.
    I have never driven a 320D, but the 330D is noisey as far as I am concerned.
    Silver 2007 S3

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO