Non smoking pack

B

Boydie

what does this include?

does the ashtray get replaced by a storage unit??

i dont smoke so just wondering if anything from this would interest me!

thanks

As far as I know, the ashtray gets removed so you just get a bigger open space where it would have been, and the fag lighter gets replaced by a 12v socket with a plastic cover. I don't smoke, but decided to keep the ashtray etc. as I think it looked better, and I can fit an Audi torch in the fag lighter socket.

yeah im waiting on an audi torch from ebay at the minute :D

i too perfer the ashtray as i can keep coins and stuff in it

is there anything else included at all?

what about the storage packs? can you get a compartment for under the passenger seat? looks kind of bare without one!

do you also get a cargo net for the passeger foot well with it?

thanks

alanjonesbath said:
As far as I know, the ashtray gets removed so you just get a bigger open space where it would have been, and the fag lighter gets replaced by a 12v socket with a plastic cover. I don't smoke, but decided to keep the ashtray etc. as I think it looked better, and I can fit an Audi torch in the fag lighter socket.
Agreed, the standard ashtray looks much better than a blank space, particularly with the piano black inlays.

emzino said:
Is the little Audi Torch any good?
For non-smokers, its gotta be better than a fag lighter ;) Don't know, haven't actually bought one yet, but it'll be better than nothing and handy to have around fully charged just in case.

Just had a look on ebay. Didn't know they existed! Pretty good idea, but my socket (lighter not my a***) is always taken up my something else lol

you can get them on the audi accessories website too but i would recommend the guy that sells them on ebay!

Boydie said:
what about the storage packs? can you get a compartment for under the passenger seat? looks kind of bare without one!

do you also get a cargo net for the passeger foot well with it?
Yes, the storage pack adds a flip-down storage compartment under the passenger's seat, just like the one under the driver's and it also adds a cargo net in the passenger footwell as well as on the back of each front seat.

To be brutally honest, I had the storage pack on my last car but didn't add it to this one. The main reason was the cargo nets - they might look cool at first but they stretch badly if you use them to carry stuff all the time and then you end up either with nets full of junk which looks crap or empty nets which sag which also looks crap. The only net I found useful was the one under the rear parcel shelf and I can live without that easily enough.

The luggage pack, OTOH, is well worth it I've found. The net in the boot is handy for keeping things in check and the 12v socket is very useful for a powered coolbox on long summer trips.

Vertigo1 said:
The luggage pack, OTOH, is well worth it I've found. The net in the boot is handy for keeping things in check and the 12v socket is very useful for a powered coolbox on long summer trips.
Can I just confirm that with the luggage pack you get a 12v in the boot too??

EDIT: just looked on the configurator and now I see. 60 quid isn't bad either. Shame it's perm live though.

Yes, the luggage pack includes the net and the 12v socket in the boot. In the boot of my new Sportback there is also a net under the parcel shelf but I'm not sure if that is standard on a SE or part of the luggage pack.

Kewl! I don't smoke so i'm gonna get one of those torches :) Thx guys!

to be honest i dont carry much stuff in my car so most of the storage pack would be useless - still wouldnt mind the passenger compartment!

however i probably would use the boot net as i am putting a sound system in the boot

I also think the ashtray is extremely handy, my bluetooth headset fits perfectly into it and the pointless 'card' tray above the stereo gets filled with spare change.

Boydie said:
buy the cup holder from ebay robin - its excellent

What cup holder? I am really gonna miss it on my S3 as the only one is under the arm rest.

I have the Audi LED torch. It is OK - certainly good enough to let you change a wheel in the middle of nowhere, for instance, or put a tent up or something.

normski said:
What cup holder? I am really gonna miss it on my S3 as the only one is under the arm rest.

on the left hand side of the hazard button what do you have??

i have a cup holder - you press it and out folds a cup holder

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=audi+a3+cup+holder

mine:

17395979a3945167633b38634021l.jpg

It was the wqay you said to robin to buy the cup holder, I assumed you knew something I didn't.

You can't have the cupholder in an A3 with the double din stereo, unless you want to do a bit of a botch job on the coin tray AFAIK.

I have the card holder under the double din radio and you can swop for the cup holder but you have to use the front from the card holder becasue thesize is different and the curvature of the dash. Its fiddly to do but with care and patience it works. There is a "how to" thread on here somewhere if you look hard enough.

I looked into getting one of the little torches today. You can buy it cheaper from Audi than the other websites that are selling it!!

prt

Torch prices:
Ebay = £21 inc P&P
Audi = £18.72 inc VAT (Part number 4F0947175)

Cheers, prt

oh well - with ebay i got an extra positve feedback

not worth £2.28 but better than nothing, plus i didnt have to travel to my local dealer which is hard enough to get to!