S-Line Std springs

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning all,

Can anybody tell me what the std S-Line springs drop the car by ?

James fitted the Eibach Sportsline springs to my A3 and although I love the look of it slammed, it is too low. I'm having rubbing issues and the ride isn't as surefooted as it could be.

So I'm looking at fitting Koni FSD shocks and possibly Proline springs which will raise it slightly, but was wondering how the S-Line std springs compare to the Proline springs.

Cheers,

Paul

They lower the car by 25mm and Sportline lower 50mm front and 40mm rear. My car looked higher at the front before i lowered it, but now it looks more even.

439077641_0a7db5e5b1.jpg

So I suspect that the Proline will lower 40 at the front and 30 at the rear.

I'm just not happy with the way the suspension reacts to bumps etc.

The other issue is the tyre rubbing at the back.

So looks like it will be ProLine and FSD route for me unless anyone has any negative feedback on that route ?

Just got a quote from Awesome-GTi £512.14 all in delivered.

What about the shocks?
Aren't they different between Ambition (Sport) vs S-Line?

had you had a look on the S3 springs and shocks, they are lower than Sline a little bit... might be just what your looking for...

Pedro

newbiecrg said:
had you had a look on the S3 springs and shocks, they are lower than Sline a little bit... might be just what your looking for...
Pedro

Isn't the S3 AWD though and so there will be a difference in the setup ?

yeap... probably a different setup... haven't thought about it... What about Golf GTI spec? The Golf is know for good handling, sure can't be that different from the A3 chassiswise...

Pedro

i have a brand new sat of kw springs which i bought for my s line and never got round to fitting,in the box with invoice,they lower the a3 40mm allround so the a3 s line will lower by 20mm,and im open to offers.
springs.jpg

What about just buying new tyres in 215/40 18? That will get rid of the rubbing, if you can live with the feel of it.