Just ordered my S3....now what !!??

Mo

Reaction score
Just back from the dealers....i went for phantom black in the end, they didnt have a sprint blue for me to look at so black it was. Im over the moon, cant wait !! My budget was £28000 so i couldnt go overboard on the spec and the car is expensive enough as it is but i did go over by a few hunded.

Phantom black S3
Two tone leather...Black/silver
Multifunction flat bottom steering wheel
Front armrest
LifeShine Protection Pack...paint/wheels/seats etc
Gap insurance if that counts!!

Delivery date is mid june. I asked could i collect in Germany but Audi dont allow it YET, i was told it probably will be available in the near future though. Dealer told me bose was a waste of money unless your used to it so i opted out.

I got a discount of about £500 which wasnt bad considering my bargaining skills are crap and the low spec so all in all :thumbsup:

No questions here...just wanted to tell the world !!!

Congrats Mo, the wait will be long and painful but after a few weeks u will sort of get it in control. Thing is though, the longer the wait, the more time you get to look at your spec over and over again ... be ready to constantly question your own spec and tempting to add more!!

Good one! I've seen my car, I've sitted in my car, I've turned the car on but can't drive it still (3 and a half weeks gone, pure torture)...... don't get me started on this one! Really, really pi**ed off!!!

Pedro

newbiecrg said:
Good one! I've seen my car, I've sitted in my car, I've turned the car on but can't drive it still (3 and a half weeks gone, pure torture)...... don't get me started on this one! Really, really pi**ed off!!!

Pedro

Typo alert: do you mean shitted or sat

:sadlike:

Think carefully about the Audi GAP insurance, there are better deals out there that give you superior cover for longer for less money.
I have used this company for my S3 which is backed by AXA.
http://www.surfandprotect.com/default.asp
4 years new for old (not just return to invoice) for £335. Telephone for the best deal.

On your spec Mo, I would add the lumbar support, the silver seats can look grubby easily and the arm rest can get in the way.
Not trying to be a party pooper but I agonised over my spec. I wished that I had ordered the interior light pack. I did order the ipod but people are posting that my 2G Nano may not fit. ( Have not tested it out yet!!)
prt

Cheers boys ! It was £250 normski but he gave me it "free" along with the armrest which is a must have for me 'cos im a lazy git, its like an armchair on wheels.
Newbiecrg....it seems like months ago your car was at the dealers, i couldnt cope!!!
The seats arent final, i saw them last week and they were really dirty which put me off a bit but if their looked after they should be alright. They make the interior look beautiful though.
prt57, thanks hopefully they cover northern ireland and you've saved me £120...nice 1.

Mo

Mo said:
Cheers boys ! It was £250 normski but he gave me it "free" along with the armrest which is a must have for me 'cos im a lazy git, its like an armchair on wheels.
Newbiecrg....it seems like months ago your car was at the dealers, i couldnt cope!!!
The seats arent final, i saw them last week and they were really dirty which put me off a bit but if their looked after they should be alright. They make the interior look beautiful though.
prt57, thanks hopefully they cover northern ireland and you've saved me £120...nice 1.

Mo

Glad you got it for free mate, I was offered it for £500...I did query how they could charge so much for £60 worth of materials and several hours of elbow grease, but for free it think it is well worth having.

Arm rest is the most essential item in the car mate, good choice.

All you need is some cheesey LED rears....lol

nice on Mo - congrats! get it over to some of the shows and photoshoots that will be happening throughout the summer in Northern Ireland!

you might be the first S3 owner over here??

i dont think bose is a waste of money AT ALL!

Its brilliant if you like music... i dont think i could get a car without it now

BOSE system is wicked, big mistake turning that down, if you want to fly along listening to ya tunes then change that order!

I got a good deal from audi on the gap insurance at the time due to a promotional offer so I went with them but shop around.

Nice1 though otherwise, just the wait now!

I dont know why he said that about the Bose, he wasnt putting it down he just said "unless you have it at home or you've had it before its a waste of money". I had my heart set on it too, i love my music but the standard one has quality sound anyway.
Dont know about that Boydie, they sold one last week...in Orange!! nutcase!! Wont be about in the summer, im taking the car and ******* off for a couple of months if all goes to plan.

Im still undecided on the seats, there practically white/black and the plain black dimpled ones would look a hell of a lot better when i go to sell it on. What you think ??

The seats in my S3 are black dimpled and I am happy with them. In my local dealer their S3 has the red seats and the red is starting to look a little second hand. It is also more shiney and slippy than the black dimpled ones. Also the red thread is starting to fray slightly on the side bolster
I heard a none BOSE car and a BOSE car, the BOSE car sounded better. If you had not heard the BOSE you might be happy but my prob was that I had heard the best and so I ordered it!
My car has a sunroof and I am pleased with it also. All of this talk is putting up your budget!!

I would relook at Bose. It is one of the must have options come resale. I like it as its a damn good system in the S3, much better than in the new TT.