Parts for CD Changer Retrofit

cjp2k

Reaction score
Hi guys, Just got a good deal on ebay for a glovebox CD Changer

What do i need to fit this?

I need obviously the cable and the Glovebox, is that it? I went to my dealer and there are loads of different parts... including mouting for CD changer and Stowage compartment for CD Changer. Do I need all these or do I just need glovebox Changer and cable??

A list of part numbers would be good too!

If anyone can answer by 5pm I would be very very greatful as I want to fit it over the bank holiday!!

Thanks mate, another question... is there different types of Cd changer cable??

Audi dealer says one for standard headunit and one for RNS-E is this correct? I thort they were the same!!

MarcQuinlivan said:
depends on which standard head unit you have.

The standard concert\chorus\symphony II has a 20 pin rectangular block connector, whereas the concert chorus\symphony II+ has the same 12 pin quadlock insert as the RNS-E. You can get an adapter to convert the 20 pin to 12 pin though.

There is also a long and short lead - one to reach the glovebox and one to reach the boot.

Cheers Fella I have the new MP3 Single Disc Double din unit so I need the rns-e cable...

I asked about this at the dealer and he assured me I needed the "other cable" for my car even with the new headunit :rtfm:

Chris

Well I ordered the cd changer cable for the rns-e.. was told it was the wrong one again, but I ignored him lol