Removing headrests

nichburton

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Does anyone know if the front and centre-rear headrests are removeable and if so, how?!

I've got a A3 Sportback (56 reg) and they seem to be fairly permanent. On the front headrests, the cushion moves up/down on fixed rods attached to the seat (unlike my old Golf where the rods were attached to the cushion). In the rear, I can remove the side headrests ok but not the central one.

Thanks.

It should just be a case of pushing in the button on the side of the black plastic guides the metal rods sit in. There is only 1 on each seat with the button.

They do come out on the Sportback as I removed one of mine - though it wasn't easy. The manual will tell u which buttons to press. I found I had to tilt the seat back as there wasn't enough clearance between op of headrest and roof to remove it.

Yeah,they are a ****** to remove.
As said above,you have to slightly tilt the back seats to give enough clearance.

On the subject of headrests,does anyone know if one can get DVD screens built into them 'aftermarket',maybe on an exchange basis ?

I quite fancy this for the kids,but I don't fancy paying OE prices.
In fact,I don't even know if Audi offer this as an option.
I've only ever seen it on Fords.

Ok, thanks. I'll have another go tonight, but they really did seem stuck regardless of which buttons I pressed. Perhaps a bit of leverage from a big stick will do the trick...

bowfer said:
On the subject of headrests,does anyone know if one can get DVD screens built into them 'aftermarket',maybe on an exchange basis ?

I quite fancy this for the kids,but I don't fancy paying OE prices.
In fact,I don't even know if Audi offer this as an option.
I've only ever seen it on Fords.
Most decent ice outlets sould be able to help either with an install or point you in the drection of a trimmer. I've seen them in lots of thing now.

Not sure they'd do them on an exchange basis though, you may have to pick up some more headrests yourself and get them put in. It would mean that you could remove them again when you get shot of the car though and put the originals back.

I dont think you can remove the rear middle headrest, pressing the button at the side seems to do nothing in my car.

COoky