Speed limiter

newbiecrg

windsurfer
Reaction score
Out of curiosity how does the 155mph speed limiter works? Is it rev indexed is it speed indexed? Anyone knows?

Pedro

I was doing 255 km/h (158 mph) on the highway and there was no sign of any speed limiter, then i lifted off because trafic appeared ahead.

After this "experiment", next day i tested the accuracy of the speedo with a GPS device and it's incredibly accurate. At 100 km/h on the speedo it shows exactly 100 km/h on the GPS. From my experience with other cars at 100 km/h on the speedo you have around 93-96 km/h on the GPS.

Anyway here is o short movie i made with the S3: 150-250 km/h in 6th gear (2 persons + luggage).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBIZURU-5Mhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kBIZURU-5M

aiculedtzu, you nutty!! :)

I'm not planning to do that often at all but a friend of mine with a new 2.0T TT standard claims that with a little help of the road (slight incline) he managed to touch 280Km/h on the speed... I just did not want to be left behind because of the speed limiter, if that happens anyday. Although I'm really not into "street racing". I understand that the TT is less boxy that an S3 but I'm exoecting my car to be the fastest of the two... (I know, male ego...bla bla bla)

Pedro

P.S.: I did not want to Bluefin it but if I have to do it, I'll do it....

newbiecrg said:
aiculedtzu, you nutty!! :)

I'm not planning to do that often at all but a friend of mine with a new 2.0T TT standard claims that with a little help of the road (slight incline) he managed to touch 280Km/h on the speed...
Err, that's 175mph!

Either he's talking rubbish or he has a serious inaccurate speedo. There's no way on earth the 2.0TT would do anywhere near that speed, even without a limiter.

For sure he has some error! Top speed for that is 240km/h, eventual you can read 260km/h with a lot of error (he has the 18 inch alloys with 245/45 wheels) Off course with a big incline he can go faster but 280km/h I agree is excessive, he said digital was marking 258km/h... He is not hte king of guy to lie but.... I believe there is some serious mistake there or he got a really good 2.0T unit!!

Pedro