EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    I was the STIG.

Status

Audi Retrofit stuff

Hi guys,

My mate who drives a BMW states that there is a long list of parts that he can buy and get retrofitted by BMW including things like heated seats, sat nav etc... loads of stuff including all the correct buttons. They recently fit the multifunction steering wheel and cruise control to his 7yr old 330d.

Will audi do this sort of thing?? Does anyone know?

Cooky

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I suppose it depends on how much money you're prepared to throw at the car. The BMW thing doesn't sound out of the ordinary but your mate must have deep pockets to get BMW agents to do the work.

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

windsurfer

Status
    I don't think Audi will retrofit anything... I asked if it was possible to retrofit a RNS-E and the salesman got in touch with the Workshop Controller and he said that was not possible... We all know it is perfectly possible...

Pedro

P.S.: Just an example...
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

2nd Gear

Status
    My top mucker is an Audi tech, and he said he could easily retro-fit some of the options to my car if I wanted later, such as MFSW, cruise etc., because the looms were in place for most of these or easily makeable.

windsurfer

Status
    My dealer probably can't be arsed, then...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

I was the STIG.

Status
    i heard the same thing about RNS-E from the stealer.

Cooky

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    My top mucker is an Audi tech, and he said he could easily retro-fit some of the options to my car if I wanted later, such as MFSW, cruise etc., because the looms were in place for most of these or easily makeable.
    Hmmmmmm interesting ........ I asked for cruise to be retro-fitted to my A3 and was told it definatley was not possible!!!

5th Gear

Status
    Then why do they sell after market VAG kits on VAGparts?
    2.0T Quattro SLine, now 320d Sport Touring

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe-se
    Hmmmmmm interesting ........ I asked for cruise to be retro-fitted to my A3 and was told it definatley was not possible!!!
    I will triple check and come back to you on this one, but my mate specifically said you get a stalk and new cowling in a kit and bobs your uncle. He said he had done them before. Let me get back to you.

Vroom Vroom

Status
    I've had cruise, front armrest and RNS-E retro fitted.
    -------------------------

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

-------------------------

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by normski
    I will triple check and come back to you on this one, but my mate specifically said you get a stalk and new cowling in a kit and bobs your uncle. He said he had done them before. Let me get back to you.
    Cheers .......... SERIOUSLY gratefull for your help!!!

Bought my car as a 2 week old demo and could'nt alter the spec. Always had cruise fitted due to the motorway miles we do. Finding it a real inconvenience without cruise ......... yes I'm lazy.

6th Gear

Status
    AMD and Awesome Gti will fit cruise for you using genuine Audi parts, they have been doing it for ages!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

1st Gear

Status
    JamS3 ........ I see you have cruise fitted, is it a seperate stalk or is it combined in the washer/indicator stalk???

Just wondering if it goes in the place of the washer stalk for example, does this impact on the variable auto wiper feature?

Just trying to work out why my local dealer didn't want to fit a relatively simple add on
    The guy did waffle on about the car having fibre optic control cabling which made things harder, which me and the missus at the time said sounded like bull.

EDIT
    Think I have answered my own question, found a picture of the kit on Ebay and it appears to replace the headlight stalk. Is this correct??
    Last edited by coupe-se; 1st April 2007 at 17:53.

6th Gear

Status
    To clarify, Audi can retrofit just about anything - they just won't

Basically, just because it's possible doesn't mean they'll do it and anything classes as a factory fit only option, such as the nav, they will just refuse to touch, end of.

Frankly, it's not their decision and you can't blame them. If Audi UK say they're not to do such things and ignoring this advice will invalidate the warranty then the dealer is in a no-win situation as if they go ahead and there's a warranty claim later they could end up stuck in the middle twixt customer and Audi UK.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Hahahaha, fibre optic control cabling. Hahahaha
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coupe-se
    JamS3 ........ I see you have cruise fitted, is it a seperate stalk or is it combined in the washer/indicator stalk???

Just wondering if it goes in the place of the washer stalk for example, does this impact on the variable auto wiper feature?

Just trying to work out why my local dealer didn't want to fit a relatively simple add on
    The guy did waffle on about the car having fibre optic control cabling which made things harder, which me and the missus at the time said sounded like bull.

EDIT
    Think I have answered my own question, found a picture of the kit on Ebay and it appears to replace the headlight stalk. Is this correct??
    It is a seperate stalk under the headlight\indicator stalk. You can just make it out in this photo.

1st Gear

Status
    Aaaaaaaah cheers mate!!

Status
    In most cases, retrofitting can be done with anyone with basic DIY skills. I've retrofitted more than £3k-worth of Audi extras to my Sportback for a little over £500 (17" Star wheels, when new was a £750 option, cost £140 after selling my 16"s; rear sunblind, £90 new, £30 fitted; and the RNS-E sat nav system, £2175 new, £450 retrofitted). All the bits I've bought have come from eBay.

The wheels and sunblind were new and the RNS-E used. It's a great way of getting the bits you wanted, but couldn't afford or didn't want to pay for from new.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

5th Gear

Status
    Audi York quoted me 1000 for fitting a multi-function flat bottomed steering wheel... i think it is all down to which Audi dealership you ask...

Oh and no I didnt have it done

Reverse Gear

Status
    At the moment there are a number of Audi dealers that are selling some stuff on ebay.
    Most of te stuff is easy to fit, or comes with DIY instructions.
    For the more complicated jobs which require VAG Com, the dealers are reluctant do anything.
    Its amazing how much stuff the VW Garages will do but not the Audi ones.