Been offered as a loaner car...

mark88

Reaction score
My RS4 has been delayed and because I've sold my A3 the dealer has offered me a........

3.0TDi Q7!!!!!

Here's me worrying that the RS4 might be a bit too big and now I've got a Q7 on the way. Anyone driven one of these things?

Am I likely to squash people without knowing about it?

RS4 to Q7...

I've driven a Tourag and they are nice, big and very comfortable but it was something I would get bored of very quickly (even with all the toys it had). You might squash small children and if you drive it in city centres you do tend to get a few looks and wait at junctions for a while!

Not sure if that helps.

Q7 arrived today and what a beast!!!

Very smooth, very quiet, really nice to drive. The size isn't as bad as I thought and thankfully the turning circle is excellent!

They've sent me the SE model which has a offroad body kit and looks kinda naff but I would imagine a Black S-Line 4.2 with 20" wheels would look awesome.

Only been using it a day and already we've noticed lots of people giving us funny looks. Not sure exactly what they think but I'm pretty sure they don't want to get it my way!!

First time I've driven a S-tronic/DSG box too. Sometimes it's great, other times not so great. Sometimes changes down when I don't want it to and some changes aren't the smoothest. Took me a while to get used to the super sensitive brakes as well.

But I could easily live with this car if it looked right.

mark88 said:
But I could easily live with this car if it looked right.

I don't kow ....something about the shape that just doesn't look right ...hard to describe. I really like the Audi designs but the Q7 just doesn't really do the same for me, not the prettiest of all the full size SUV that's for sure.

However, in terms of performance and comfort I have no doubt it's more than capable ...

Comments?

mcmasman said:
I don't kow ....something about the shape that just doesn't look right ...hard to describe. I really like the Audi designs but the Q7 just doesn't really do the same for me, not the prettiest of all the full size SUV that's for sure.

However, in terms of performance and comfort I have no doubt it's more than capable ...

Comments?

I totally agree. There is something wrong with the design of the Q7, but it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what is wrong with it. It just looks kind of unbalanced. I think part of it is the large rear overhang. Kinda as if the body was not designed for the chassis that it sits on. The Citroen C5 has exactly the same problem. The body is too big for the chassis and it sits way too high. Like a cartoon car...

But compared to the Saab 97x it is not too bad. That Saab is terrible! Our managing director has one in black with tainted windows and we now call him 50 cent.