Yes. Yes. Yes. Effin Marvelous!

Plank said:
Spot on attitude - Kudos!

It is only a car. And a mass-produced one at that!

Can't understand why people get so neurotic about them! It must spoil all their enjoyment because they spend the whole time worrying!

Yes but if you order a 30k car you expect it to come as you ordered it, after all how much experience have they of doing this before?

So you are saying if yours came with a paint defect like mine after the money you have spent you would be ok about it taking the attitude "the dealer will sort it, it will be ok etc.."

As far as i'm concerned this sort of "mistake" happens too much and Audi UK should be told about it everytime!

Why not get money compensation if you can, I did easy enough and it's paid for a retro fit front arm rest and money off my next service.

You don't get if you don't ask.

Spook said:
Given that Audi won't even officially sanction simple modifications to their vehicles after build like retrofitting cruise control, I'd be astonished if the dealer could persuade the factory to retrospectively change something as fundamental as the vehicle data sticker that now forms part of the car's Certificate of Conformity.

As for the compensation point, your call of course, but it's got nothing to do with the "compensation culture". Quite simply, the dealer failed to supply the vehicle you ordered, and you did them a favour by accepting it when you didn't have to; they should therefore have offered you compensation without you having to ask!

I admire your absolute faith in your dealer, but from long experience I fear I detect the unmistakeable whiff of BS about some of the promises that are being made to you....

Hi guys, Thought you might like to know that Audi will be updating the build details for the car to reflect the change, it seems Audi need a purchase order to track that the work was performed and paid for by Audi (the dealer) and then there is entry on a system called Dialog to track the build details which is currently in hand. Got confirmation today. Good stuff.

As to compensation, I got free GAP insurance as I told the sales manager he had to offer me something and mud flaps were not an option (he agreed with that - mud flaps on an S3 would be a bit stupid!!) So I am happy something was offered, however you are right, I should not have had to ask but like a lot of things in this world if you don't ask you don't get...

Now i just have to wait for the parts to arrive then I'll be a happy boy! :thumbsup:

I'm going to start a new thread when i get my thoughts in order and then write a formal letter to customer sevices as the experience I have had has identified a few shortcommings with the new car process that a company like Audi should not have, to be honest. I propose to canvas feedback as we all have had some experience that could make the system a little better and it's worth taking everyones view to formulate what we as owners really expect from the brand we clearly all enjoy using.

So far, things are going OK.

Oh I had a lift in a work colleagues 07 Black A3 S-line DSG 2.0 TD Sportback tonight (we are both managers, he has a company car and I take the allowance). Very impressed and surprisingly nippy too. His girlfriend calls it 'the tractor', well she would, as she has a mini cooper! LOL

stevec said:
Hi guys, Thought you might like to know that Audi will be updating the build details for the car to reflect the change, it seems Audi need a purchase order to track that the work was performed and paid for by Audi (the dealer) and then there is entry on a system called Dialog to track the build details which is currently in hand. Got confirmation today. Good stuff.

As to compensation, I got free GAP insurance as I told the sales manager he had to offer me something and mud flaps were not an option (he agreed with that - mud flaps on an S3 would be a bit stupid!!) So I am happy something was offered, however you are right, I should not have had to ask but like a lot of things in this world if you don't ask you don't get...

Now i just have to wait for the parts to arrive then I'll be a happy boy! :thumbsup:

I'm going to start a new thread when i get my thoughts in order and then write a formal letter to customer sevices as the experience I have had has identified a few shortcommings with the new car process that a company like Audi should not have, to be honest. I propose to canvas feedback as we all have had some experience that could make the system a little better and it's worth taking everyones view to formulate what we as owners really expect from the brand we clearly all enjoy using.

So far, things are going OK.

Oh I had a lift in a work colleagues 07 Black A3 S-line DSG 2.0 TD Sportback tonight (we are both managers, he has a company car and I take the allowance). Very impressed and surprisingly nippy too. His girlfriend calls it 'the tractor', well she would, as she has a mini cooper! LOL

As a matter of interest, did your dealer confirm that he would be obtaining revised Vehicle Data Stickers from the factory and that these would be applied to the floor of the boot and the front page of your service booklet?

What has happened must have been such a disappointment for you and taken the gloss off what should have been something very special. I do hope things work out for you as you hope they will. Good luck!

stevec said:
(he agreed with that - mud flaps on an S3 would be a bit stupid!!)

Why are mudflaps stupid on an S3, am I missing something?

normski said:
Why are mudflaps stupid on an S3, am I missing something?
Yep, they'd definitely go well with the black Halfords door-edge protector strips on your new S3, normski.

Spook said:
Yep, they'd definitely go well with the black Halfords door-edge protector strips on your new S3, normski.

And what is wrong with black door protector strips from halfords exactly?...lol

My wife has flaps on her Silver MkIV Gti and they look fine, as they are very small and discreet, I can't really see the problem with them on the S3, and I have always found they reduce tar and chips down the lower parts of the doors and bumper.

Finally got a delivery date! Car should be with dealer today/tomorrow. Pick-up has been arranged for Saturday. It better be good this car!

AL

AL_B said:
Finally got a delivery date! Car should be with dealer today/tomorrow. Pick-up has been arranged for Saturday. It better be good this car!

AL

You will not be dissapointed....

Well I should be in a good mood today - I'm not.
I should be in my new car today - I'm not.
I had a guy lined up for a private sale of my current S3 and he's dropped out, to be expected actually as I should have completed formalities already and need the car for work so can’t really do that.

Had a phone call from the dealer just before 6pm saying things are progressing well and the trim re-fit will be complete sometime next week.

I informed him I am really not happy about the whole situation, that my car has now been in the UK since the 30th April and I'm not in it and have lost what I expect to be at least £1K in money over dealer trade in price...

I am sure the new S3 is going to be fab, but its going to be a sour moment picking the thing off the forecourt knowing what aggravation its caused getting to this point.

Should be feeling good about my new car, but am not right now feeling anything good about anything. :motz: Period.

AL_B said:

AL

Bet you can't wait! Hope you have a great day on Saturday. :yes:

Blimey what a lot of effort. 2 weeks to fix a 10 second clerical error.

Anyway my new S3 looks the absolute business. IN BLACK. Not in a dealer designed white/black combo.

Checked out the interior yesterday and it makes the car look so much better with the buckets and aluminium trim, just waiting for a clean up and my number plates to go on. Can't fault the trim at all after 15 minutes pushing and prodding around inside the car.

If all goes well will be picking it up on Tue, dependant on the cover note arriving from the insurance company else it will be on Wed.

Yippee. Can't wait.

The dealer offered me free GAP insurance for the troubles (an Audi £399 value), I said OK but then thought about it and realised i can get cover for £260 so its not a good deal after all. Audi are going to speak to me on Mon and try to figure how to give me the full value of compensation as I reckon its not too good to walk away from this entire experience with out feeling a bit lighter in the pocket...

Did mention cycle/roof racks on my way out.

newbiecrg said:
what untill you trash it on a motorway! it just goes like stint....!! Great!

Pedro

An who is stint? Goes like Pedro maybe...

stevec said:
The dealer offered me free GAP insurance for the troubles (an Audi £399 value), I said OK but then thought about it and realised i can get cover for £260 so its not a good deal after all. Audi are going to speak to me on Mon and try to figure how to give me the full value of compensation as I reckon its not too good to walk away from this entire experience with out feeling a bit lighter in the pocket...

Did mention cycle/roof racks on my way out.

Steve, Ask them to send you on the Audi Driving Experience at Silverstone, it costs £399 (to joe public) but it is a ****** good day out. I did it last Friday and I'm still buzzin' ;) ;) RS4 sideways at 90 MPH, yeehaw! ;) ;)

Great. Sold my S3 to my mate tonight, it needs a few things done but he does know what these all are and knows I like to look after my cars :icon_thumright: Quite chuffed. :bye: Be sad to see the back of my S3 who has been good fun for 64000 miles over 5 1/2 years...

After we sort out money this means I'll now be getting my new S3 on Thursday around midday subject to confirming this with the dealer tomorrow.

FINALLY!!! Yes!

...plan to have the afternoon 'out of the office' just to get over the month's issues. I think that's going to be therapy enough! :yes:

stevec said:
GET MY NEW CAR TOMORROW! WOOOO HOOOO! :)

:racer: Then I have the afternoon off to go out driving!!!! :jump: :jump:
Bad news mate, haven't you heard? Mix-up in the service department - they've put the white headlining back :scared2:

Spook said:
Bad news mate, haven't you heard? Mix-up in the service department - they've put the white headlining back :scared2:

In the immortal words of Kenny Everett dressed in drag...

"It's all done in the best possible taste!" :shrug:

Cheers dude, been into check on Saturday and belive me the colour is definately black! :yum:

Hopefylly Steve is driving his new car with the black headlining.....
Good luck Steve, keep those revs under 4000, although there's not much chance of that.......

I can't stop praising the S3! Great all round fast get away car!

I feel a bit bad with the arrogance it goes uphill and overtakes other traffic, it's almost illegal!! Here in Portugal we have automatic motorway tolls where you do not have to stop and normal tolls. My car has not the device to go on the automatic one so I have to stop for tickets and to pay. The funny thing is that I stop, take calmly the ticket and, without pushing hard caught all the other traffic that went through the auto toll in the middle of the uphill straight, no hassle, just fast... I was amazed the first time it happened.

Max speed I got in other cars I drove was 160Kph in the top of the hill with mine is 220Kph and still wanting more... lol

Pedro

P.S.: I know, drive safely but only did this speed check at 4am in a completely clear motorway uphill..

Reached 500 miles now. Mostly been changing up at 4000-4500. But been up to 5500 twice. Hope I've not stressed things too much. :eek:

One 5500 incident was this morning with yet another Golf GT driver up by rear, what is it with people with Golf GT's (I seem to attract them), they've obviously got something to proove, because it isn't a full blown GTi. Yet even though I disappeared into the distance at a fantastic rate, once in traffic again, he was right up my **** again!

Anyway, story over with. :)

:blackrs4: OH YES! :yahoo: Guess wot I got?

Need to post some pictures...

Simply been too busy driving. Stalying below 4K is very hard, and extremely frustrating...

Only problem with my new car is there are soooo many toys I gave up yesterday afternoon (had the afternoon off btw) and went to have a pint, or two or six. Celebrated a wee too much and got in this morning at 2am... :beerchug: OOps. At least was not :puke: ill!

A weee bit delecate this morning though (good job the roads were quiet!)...

Off to Brum tomorrow on the motorway midday up to see the villa. :footy: So can start counting down the miles...

Went to see my old motor tonight and hand over the rest of the documents, my mate is sooooo chuffed with it, its unreal (any one else know that feeling? LOL), then he wanted a spin in mine, so took him round the block...

Very strange seeing my old motor especially after navigating my way to his house in the starship enterprise....

Warp 0.5 at the moment though...

1000 miles seems soooo far away...:undwech: Hurry up!!!

250 miles on the clock today. The new S3 is simply unreal, fast, agile, grown up and cruises effortlessly. After 4 hours in the bucket seats they are an inspired chocie, thet should be standard! I am running in the car and just sooo want to give it a serious amount of wellie. It is crying out for it. 750 miles to go, then 500 (according to the manual of not being a nutter), then off we go!

Absolutely wicked. Oh yeah and villa won 3-0 too! :footy: Fantastic.

Great stuff steve. Really glad you got everything sorted and you are happy with the car.

It is hard to keep below or at 4000.

By the way, its not 1000 miles, its 1000km. 1000km = 621miles. After that you can increase the revs and road speed a bit more. After 1500km....party time...with frequent trips to Shell for V-Power! :)

Stevec

Any pics of the car yet, external and internal would be great!

Hope your enjoying it! I'm jealous.

Give him a month and he'll be considering remap options...;)