Just when I don't need it MIL is on 2.0TDi

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Due to be taking the Mrs to Bath for the day tommorow with an overnight stop for our anniversary and lo and behold the car throws a spanner in the works by throwing a MIL last night. :motz: Looks like we will have to take her MX-5. I think it may be a multiplug somewhere. I cleared them and as soon as I started it they re-appeared so it is a hard fault of some type.

Details :

VAG-COM 607 HEX+CAN-USB (Ross-Tech) car is a 2005 UK Audi A3(8P) 2.0TDi DSG.

Codes from scan :-

VAG-COM Version: Release 607.3-UD

Control Module Part Number: 03G 906 016 DT
Component and/or Version: R4 2,0L EDC 0000AG 7000
Software Coding: 0300078
Work Shop Code: WSC 78387
3 Faults Found:
19557 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): Open or Short to Ground
P3101 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1260 /min
Torque: 16.0 Nm
Speed: 7.0 km/h
Load: 0.0 %
Voltage: 14.36 V
Bin. Bits: 11000000
Torque: 180.0 Nm
Torque: 0.0 Nm

17075 - Fan 1 Control Circuit: Short to GND
P0691 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 798 /min
Torque: 30.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Voltage: 14.29 V
Bin. Bits: 11000111
Temperature: 83.7°C
Duty Cycle: 9.6 %

19558 - Motor for Intake Manifold Flap (V157): No Signal
P3102 - 000 - -
Freeze Frame:
RPM: 0 /min
Torque: 18.0 Nm
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Voltage: 12.31 V
Bin. Bits: 00000100
Torque: 0.0 Nm
Torque: 92.0 Nm

Readiness: 1 1 0 0 0

Thanks,

Paul

OK so traced further and it is blowing F8 (10AMP) in the engine fuse box.

So who can I trust in Southampton or Portsmouth (dealers) for a warranty fix that will look after the car ?

Paul

marriedblonde said:
Oh crap Paul not good!!!! :(

No there were mutterings along the line of me and cars and should have bought a Mazda :blownose:

So James can I trust Southampton Audi to look after it, you've used them twice for servicing.

Booked it into Portsmouth Audi.

They can't look at it until Thursday 5th. But I can leave it with them tomorrow and if/when they get a free slot they will look at it.

Perhaps I should try Southampton Audi too and see what they can do.

Paul

Got it in for the Tuesday Evening shift at Southampton Audi.

This is so inconveenient a time for it to breakdown means we will have to travel light tomorrow in the Mrs MX-5. Which has kind of put a dampner on the day.

****** German reliabilty let me down, should have gone Jap (well maybe not).

Just heard back from a post on the VAG-COM mailing list.

"The intake flap is at fault. Shorts out inside causing the fuse to blow. Sometimes fans run constant. There is a modified intake flap."

So sounds like it is a known fault I just hope that Southampton Audi have a modified intake flap in stock.

Paul

Well I did a bit of latteral thinking and if all goes to plan I should have an Audi assist tech here in the morning at 08:30 with a new V157, book time to change it is about 40 minutes.

So fingers crossed and we will go to Bath in the A3.

After all the dealers can't look at it until Tuesday and I don't really fancy driving to Chandlers Ford with the MIL on and potentially no Rad Fans.

Paul

P.S. Sidebar for MarriedBlonde when I quoted the original reg (as they don't know the new one yet) they (RAC) said VW Golf ?

marriedblonde said:
Oh crap Paul not good!!!! :(
It happens James! I sold my Focus ST170 in similar circumstances (i.e. to a member of Focus forum) and within weeks he had loads of problems with it whereas it had been perfect for me bar two recalls. I felt awful! :bye:

benw123 said:
It happens James! I sold my Focus ST170 in similar circumstances (i.e. to a member of Focus forum) and within weeks he had loads of problems with it whereas it had been perfect for me bar two recalls. I felt awful! :bye:
Whilst I don't hold it against James. It does give me pleanty to rib him about when I see him next :eyebrows:

Mind I suspect that the Mrs will also rib him abit.

The tech has just turned up and he carries the flap in the Van :icon_thumright: so hopefully in 20 minutes I should have a functioning A3.

All done a very nice chap called Marcus has replaced the flap and fuse and we are MIL free.

He showed me the old one and it was stuck fast in the open possition.

Funny enough he looked familar and he thought I did too, I think he may have responded to my Golf IV when he worked for VW Assist.