S3 Collection (germany)

Mo

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to collect my new S3 in germany ? Im ordering through my local audi dealer, i know mercedes allow it. I'll be around that direction in the summer you see(switzerland) and thought it would be an adventure, my own private Gumball !!! Bad idea?? I dont do a lot of miles so over the rest of the year it would even itself out.

Thanks

Mo said:
Does anyone know if it would be possible for me to collect my new S3 in germany ? Im ordering through my local audi dealer, i know mercedes allow it. I'll be around that direction in the summer you see(switzerland) and thought it would be an adventure, my own private Gumball !!! Bad idea?? I dont do a lot of miles so over the rest of the year it would even itself out.

Thanks
Recent report in Audi Driver Magazine suggests Audi UK will not allow this.

TrevS3 said:
Recent report in Audi Driver Magazine suggests Audi UK will not allow this.

Probably because they want their £500 delivery charge!!!

Exactly, but they let the americans do it allowing then a long vacation in europe before they have to ship the car from one of many ports.

Bit naff really IMHO.

My current 8L S3 was a personal import (UK spec) and I had a great time bringing it into the UK last time.

I asked Audi in Bristol and they said no it is not possible to bring in my new 8P S3, considering we are in the EU you would have thought that it would be possible...

The only reason I can think is that there may be problems dealing with DVLA, still seems a bit naff we cant get our motors collected direct from the factory.

I dont think its the DVLA/NI because i know a guy that collected a a merc from germany with no problems, bought from my local merc dealer whos also a franchisee for audi, VW etc etc. So it must be an audi decision !! I'll still ask, they can keep the £500 the miserable gits

Cheers

There are no problems on the DVLA and the VCA they have all the procedures well explained on the Internet... What I found is dealers are not prepared/informed how to register, in my case, a left hand drive. Mine is a ridiculous case! 3 weeks the car has been sitting at the dealers, they only managed to send the correct forms/paperwork to the VCA last thursday, now I'm waiting on them to give the go, so best of best only have my car end of next week, if that... it is just ridiculous, If I treated the paperwork myself I would be driving it today for sure....

Pedro