Anyone Know The S3 MY 2008 Changes @ Week 22?

DaveS3Turbo

Sepang Blue S3
Reaction score

As above.... Please

DM

davidmann said:

As above.... Please

DM
AFAIK the changes are not announced until mid-May.

They were last year, thought it was action taken in May.

DM

Details of any model year changes are not usually given to dealers until May and become effective from 1 June.

I really cant see anything other than a colour option or wheel options being added seeing as though the car has only been out since Jan!

JamS3 said:
I really cant see anything other than a colour option or wheel options being added seeing as though the car has only been out since Jan!
Perhaps LED rear light units in addition? Just a thought.

If LED rears are that crucial, can't you just get them as an aftermarket accessory?:scared2:

I have just spoken to Audi CS on the phone, after being on hold for the lady to check with her own manager and UK Sales H.Q., which took some time, she came back to tell me that there will be no changes to the S3 spec this year.

She said that Audi Sales HQ reckon there will be a new S3 in mid-2008, but she said she did not know if this meant a new spec or a new model, though she assumed it wasn't the latter.

normski said:
I have just spoken to Audi CS on the phone, after being on hold for the lady to check with her own manager and UK Sales H.Q., which took some time, she came back to tell me that there will be no changes to the S3 spec this year.

She said that Audi Sales HQ reckon there will be a new S3 in mid-2008, but she said she did not know if this meant a new spec or a new model, though she assumed it wasn't the latter.
Even if the don't change the spec I bet they up the price.

Whilst I expect a new A3 sometime next year, one would hope that the S3 version comes towards the end of the new models life, as this one did.

Having said that, if they follow the S5 example, it will be one of the first new A3 models.

JamS3 said:
I thought the new A3 was not arriving until 2009-2010?

I second that. I always believe the new A3 would arrive in 2010. Inbetween that you'd get the minor revisions etc...

I hope all of you are right but it doesn't bother me to drive an "old" S3 even when new models come into scene, If I like my car I keep as long as I enjoy it... For that reason I still have my 156 S-reg I simply like that car, the new facelift 156 or the latest 159 did not make want to change...

But from a resale point of view it would be best to see a completely new A3 only in 2010!

Pedro