Stonechips!!

sat1983

Reaction score
Got about 5 on the bonnet... I hate the buggers, best way to get rid??
Have most of you got quite a few?

sat1983 said:
Got about 5 on the bonnet... I hate the buggers, best way to get rid??
Have most of you got quite a few?

I do mine as soon as I notice it... Before Mr rust get's to it.

You could get touch-up paint from the Audi dealer, comes with 2 small containers, 1 matching base colour and 1 clear laquar paint. Small fine tip brushes included.

Hopefully it hasn't gone past the light primer paint like it hasn't on mine. Apply the main colour. Wait a couple of hours and then apply the clear top laquer supplied.

or..... phone "chips away". http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/

I know yeh my A3 got a couple also they are a nightmare to sort ....
Just going off track here what does everyone use to remove light scratches from your paintwork... My A3 is Brilliant Black ( I know ) ...
Cheers

To remove light scratches you can't beat Auto Glymm paint renovator followed up by super resin polish. Job Done.

EAGLE79 said:
To remove light scratches you can't beat Auto Glymm paint renovator followed up by super resin polish. Job Done.

Even some of the professional detailers use Auto glymm and I've always had good results from it.

I use turtle wax "scratch and swirl remover" on the wife's blacks cars.
Works a treat.
Then just polish with whatever you like.

If the chip is white it's down to the primer and won't corrode is that correct? And what if its black? Is it down to the metal?

If you have swirls or some light scratches a PC or buff would be the best option for perfect results