HELP

rxs1407

Reaction score
So i've just got back from the Audi dealership and there was no instructions or template with the audi supplied arm rest.
The parts man still says they don't come with them as they are replacement parts!!

So then i asked the service department, they don't have a template abd they have never fitted one to a A3... And also recon that there isn't one, as you have to take the centre console out and there is a cutout marked in the plastic.

So i have two questions, how easy is it to remove the centre console?? Are there any instructions?? or pictures i could use??

Does anyone have a template i could download/borrow???? All costs would be paid by me??

Thanks and please let me know.
Dodge

Mine was genuine Audi and mine came with instructions and a template.

Remind me again which car you have.

Good old Neil! I was hoping you'd pop up. I was going to try giving you call about this.

Rep++ :)

All this talk of taking the centre console out is a little worrying too. In fact I'll drop you a PM too. Give me a call.

Here are some pictures of my armrest, as to me there seems to be a few different ones...

AfterArm.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/rxs1407/A3/ArmEnd.jpg

BeforeArm.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s180/rxs1407/A3/ArmEnd1.jpg

TDI-line said:
I like your castle.

£10 and it's yours!!!!

So a big thanks to Rich and Neil, but Audi Basingstoke are the hero's... They found the parts i was missing and gave me a template......

So now template with the repalcement parts, and you do get one with the accessory one..

So all ready to fit this weekend..

Any tips on the cutting, was going to use a demil.. not sure on spelling!!

Dodge

I see you've already put the armrest in your sig. Tempting fate? :)

I'm sure a Dremmel (sp?) will do the job. Not as scary as a jigsaw anyway...

rich1068 said:
I see you've already put the armrest in your sig. Tempting fate? :)

I'm sure a Dremmel (sp?) will do the job. Not as scary as a jigsaw anyway...

Dremmel did the job a treat.... All fitted and looks great, job took 15 mins including hoovering the car.... Two hours making sure i got the template up the right way and in the right place...

Anyone want any help or advice, please let me know, as this was so easy..

Thanks again for all the help
Dodge

I noticed in the 'Post a pic' thread :arco:

I must have missed this update.