S3 wheels

normski

Reaction score
I am torn between the standard S3 wheels and replacing them when I order with the 18" RS4's at £600 extra.

I like the stock rims and of course no one with an s-line will have them, but the RS4's do look better and the placcy centre cap of the stock rims will be crap eventually.

Anyone got an opinion either way or photos of their S3 on 18" RS4's?

Cheers

Can you provide pics on both rims? I believe that it is an option to get RS4 rims if you have s-line ...

There are pics of both in the gallery, and yes you can spec the RS4's on an s-line at no cost, even though they don't appear on the config.

normski said:
There are pics of both in the gallery, and yes you can spec the RS4's on an s-line at no cost, even though they don't appear on the config.

I tried to obtain these wheels through Audi when i ordered my car, I am now glad they said No. Saw a car at the dealers with these wheels on did not like them at all, looked a bit cheap and nasty IMO, try a see some in the flesh before you order them, they are not a patch on the 19'' RS4's.
IMo the standard S3 wheel looked better I parked my car next to the one with the 18''Rs4's and the S3 wheels looked alot better.

Mark

I know what you mean about them looking cheap, almost like replicas. As you say they aren't a patch on the 19's.

Everyone will have them soon and your S3 will not be set apart from anything else. Quite a few people slag the standard S3 wheels off but I don't think they are bad at all!

The RS4 wheels are even a £115 option on the A6 now so they will be everywhere!

JamS3 said:
Everyone will have them soon and your S3 will not be set apart from anything else. Quite a few people slag the standard S3 wheels off but I don't think they are bad at all!

The RS4 wheels are even a £115 option on the A6 now so they will be everywhere!

Been in to the dealer today, seems like all the limited editions are getting them (A3 sport back, A4 s-line SE, A6 Le Mans).

Gonna save myself the £600 notes. Hell if I get desperate and want two sets you can get a set of RS4 reps with decent tyres for not much over £600.

Drove my local dealers brand new Imola Yellow "Banana Car" today, 17 miles on the clock. Got to take it out before they had finished PDI'ing it properly (it was filthy and you could see all the clean stripes where they had peeled off the bumper protectors etc.).

The yellow is in the opinion of me, my family, my neighbours and everyone in the street who was laughing at the "Banana Car", ****** awful.

Anyone thinking of going yellow, I have pics if you want them.

Got a headache driving it, but I think that was the amount of road noise rather than the colour.

Staz, can you pm me your email mate.

It does look sick tho' and I mean sick as in puke rather than sick cool...the Toucan is a better yellow IMHO

From the pics it looks just like a toucan!

I'm now stuck. I want an S3 in an exclusive colour. I always loved the 8L S3 in yellow, my mate has one and it still looks great. I was dead set on getting yellow for mine. Now I don't know. The blue looks good but I think it's just slightly off being amazing blue (and it's the popular choice) and orange looks good too but a bit OTT. I have about 8 months to decided but it's gonna be a tough choice.

Any suggestions??

Hope they do another exclusive colour on the 2008 spec announced around week 22?

Honestly mate, as you can see from the picture, the Imola is brighter than Toucan and seems just a bit more yellow than that of the old S3 which I thought was cool.

I have seen it in orange and it does look like a Focus from a distance. Plus I had an ST coming up behind me from miles back the other day on a dual carriageway and it could have been either the S3 or an ST until it got close, the front valances look the same from a distance.

If you want people to look at you, the S3 may be the wrong car because front-aside, everything is very subtle, but sprint blue would be the way to go for that at the mo IMHO.

Have you considered white? I think it turns heads more than any other just now.

I have yeah. It's not that I want everyone to look at me really, I just want a colour that you can't get on an A3. I drove the orange S3 from chester and thought it looked great, I had another look at pics of one since looking at yours and think I prefer it!

There's an orange ST at work and I think it looks great. Not too bothered about people not knowing what mine is from afar. Most would assume it's an ST cos it's more common.

I need to have anohter looks at sprint blue. And see that yellow in the flesh. Where is that garage??

normski said:
PM'd you staz

I'm planning to keep it for quite a while. I remember after I drove the orange one I got back into mine an one of the guys drove it towards me and I thought it looked so menacing! then I followed it out of the dealership and it went a different way to me. I was looking at it in my rear view thinking it looked great! But all the time I knew I wanted yellow.

It can't be the same shade as the 8L. I think toucan looks too light but imola and similar on VAG cars look good. I know it's not many peoples cup of tea but I want this car for me. I want a car that I'm gonna look at and think wow that's stunning evertime I see it. Mine is close to that but the suspension is too high for starters.

I'm going past that way ish next week so I may drop in.

This decision is not gonna be final until I order lol but orange is in the lead right now

Went to see that yellow S3 today which I was going past ish.

It looks a bit dull compared to what I expected. Not as deep a yellow so I'm pretty sure I'll get the orange.

Met normskis mate there. Told him I'd be buying tax free and he said if I went through them I may be able to get 5% dicount too! Something which I haven't been offered by my normal salesman.

I'm looking at getting an orange S3 with:

Multifunction flat bottom steering wheel
Bose
Electric lumber
Flat tyre warning

All for about 22965 at todays prices!

:thumbsup:

Lucky git! then again you do earn it

True! But I seem to work hard to earn mine as well... It doesn't bother me! Just use your benefits of working to the forces, mate!

Pedro

Mo said:
Lucky git! then again you do earn it

I do work hard yeah but I think the being stuck in germany with a string of failed relationships behind me as a result means I deserve it extra lol

no, I'm stuck in Scotland with failed relationships in Portugal.... No sympathy here, mate! lol

Pedro

I'm a big fan of the RS4 19" but not so keen on the RS4 18" on the A3/S3. Having said that if you were able to fit 19's then I think you'd also need to lower it to get the right look.

I've just fitted some H & R spacers to my S3 and although its quite subtle imo it makes a world of difference, the wheels now fill the arches much better. I have 10mm on the front and 12mm on the rear and so far I've had no rubbing issues at all. My vote goes to Standard S3 rims with spacers:)

newbiecrg said:
no, I'm stuck in Scotland with failed relationships in Portugal.... No sympathy here, mate! lol

Pedro

Ah but you do that out of choice. I didn't have a choice about going to Germany, or Iraq, or Northern Ireland or afghanistan this year.

I did choose to spend 6 months in Cyprus last year though :icon_thumright:

the OE 18 RS4s for some reason look really cheap.. for some reason the spokes dont have the same amount of "dish" as the 19s