Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

Remaps are so much fun!

A friend of mine has just got a A3 2.0litre TFSI Sportback and has been ranting on how his will be faster than mine as mine is Quattro therefore weighs more and has not drag so fair do's.

On the way back home we came onto a empty dual carrageway and both booted it from 20mph to 75mph and i was a few car lengths ahead.

When we stopped at the pub (after work meal) he was baffled at why mine was so much quicker.

I'll keep quiet for a while to make him suffer...................

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Tell him it's the extra doors

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

5th Gear

Status
    lool. you musta had a big grin on your face Robin. I can't wait to get mine remapped. My friend at work also has the same car as I do but Akoya Silver (no Xenons tho ). I wanna get mine remapped so when we have a little go he'll be stunned hehe. Currently his DSG can beat me I hate that Sport setting
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

windsurfer

Status
    I won't be cruel to the point of remapping my S3... Too many Boxsters (or even Caymans) to beat... I will resist such heresy... not!!!

Pedro

P.S.: Thank god I have quattro, otherwise what would I do with 265hp (or 306...)
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

is a retronaut

Status
    Actually the official 0-60 times for the quattro are 0.1 secs faster that the FWD. Obviously that doesn't reflect any real world situation but to me that says the quattro isn't any slower at least!

Bluefin is the dogs tho
    8P2 S3

For advice on Air Con problems please read my FAQs.
    To find ASN members with VCDS check out the MAP.

5th Gear

Status
    I'm still really leaning towards getting my A3 custom coded. Not sure yet =/
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by newbiecrg
    Thank god I have quattro, otherwise what would I do with 265hp (or 306...)
    Have you heard that the new focus RS is gonna have 280bhp and FWD? It's ridiculous!

I got my car because it's quattro. I could've got a focus ST for 13500 (tax free) or an astra VXR for about 15k or golf gti for 17k but it was worth the extra for the A3.
    8P2 S3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000
    Actually the official 0-60 times for the quattro are 0.1 secs faster that the FWD. Obviously that doesn't reflect any real world situation but to me that says the quattro isn't any slower at least!

Bluefin is the dogs tho
    I don't have quattro and traction became a problem after the remap. I have to do a slow rolling start in first and not push too hard in second otherwise the traction control kicks in. I have APR stage1

is a retronaut

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy1finger
    I don't have quattro and traction became a problem after the remap. I have to do a slow rolling start in first and not push too hard in second otherwise the traction control kicks in. I have APR stage1
    That's why I went for the quattro. I had a CTR last and it was stupid how much it wheelspan. My mate has a golf gti and he told me it was the same but esp kicks in to prevent it so you go nowhere.
    8P2 S3

3rd Gear

Status
    Its nothing at all to do with the re map, quattro, driving style, weather, type of boiler you have at home etc etc...

As everyone knows..

Black cars are always faster......
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by staz1000
    That's why I went for the quattro. I had a CTR last and it was stupid how much it wheelspan. My mate has a golf gti and he told me it was the same but esp kicks in to prevent it so you go nowhere.
    Quattro is not an option over here with the 2.0T When I want to have some fun I have to turn the ESP off, it's better to have some wheelspin than the power cut....

We get only sportbacks over here, majority of them loaded, the choices are 3.2 with DSG and AWD or 2.0T with Manual or DSG and no option for Quattro. Since I am planning to get the APR stage 2 setup (~300hp) with the bigger turbo and limited slip differential in the future the ideal combo would be a 2.0T with Quattro and manual 6spd transmission.

is a retronaut

Status
    Quattro is not an option over here with the 2.0T
    I would've got the golf gti to start with then!
    8P2 S3

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quattro is not an option over here with the 2.0T When I want to have some fun I have to turn the ESP off, it's better to have some wheelspin than the power cut....

We get only sportbacks over here, majority of them loaded, the choices are 3.2 with DSG and AWD or 2.0T with Manual or DSG and no option for Quattro. Since I am planning to get the APR stage 2 setup (~300hp) with the bigger turbo and limited slip differential in the future the ideal combo would be a 2.0T with Quattro and manual 6spd transmission.
    Pulling away is an art with the FWD Sportback until you get used to it. At JHB altitute the 2.0Ts can stick with 3.2Qs up to 160km/h or so. With a software remap, the 2.0Ts are quicker till just above 220km/h.