DSG can't stall can it??

stewarta13wsb

Reaction score
Website
www.stewarta13wsb.plus.com
I'm on my second A3 with DSG. I've had this one since November and it's only got just under 3000 miles on it.
When I reverse out in the morning (I'm on the flat by the way) I don't usually touch the accelerator, there is enough power to slowly pull out (it's a tight turn) without it.
I've always done this and it's never been a problem... until now.
It's as if it wants to stall, there's even the slight lurch you'd get on a manual. Obviously it doesn't cut out though, it just starts going again.
Would you say this is normal and it just needs some revs or is something not quite right, or getting worse?

Does the car idle normally?

I'm not familiar with DSG but have used automatics before and did the same as you, backwards without pressing the accelerator...

Pedro

Mine stalled a couple of times, but only ever first thing in the morning, reversing on a hard right hand lock... no throttle - almost as though there was not enough power to keep going or something

Mine has Stalled a couple of times. Once when the car was crawling in traffic coming up to a round-about. The other when reversing (on the flat) off my drive. Audi looked at it but said that nothing was wrong.

Mine also sometimes stalls when reversing out of my drive in the morning,when I go from reverse to any forward mode.
It also tends to take an age to go into the forward mode,followed by a helluva lurch,like a learner driver using a manual clutch.
My drive and road is also on a slight incline.

Is the 'hill-hold' still an option or standard on DSG these days ?
One of my routes involves stopping on what must be a 1/5 incline.
It's laughable,it's worth filming.
You either have to put the handbrake on,resulting in the car groaning against the back brakes,or you try and hold it on the throttle resulting in you rolling backwards and forwards in a daft manner.
I often then get the same symptoms as when I pull out of my drive.
I press the throttle,revs rise,nothing happens,BANG you're off !

Bowfer,
I'm not being flippant here as you have some genuine issues with the DSG, some of which I even agree with when you're in rational (not ranting) mode :)

I can certainly see things from your point of view and I think over many threads it's a love it or hate it thing, but...

If it's really that annoying, why not just sell it?

Me too. This board just wouldn't be the same without Bowfer.

Quieter maybe...but just not as good :)