Chris NottEM Tuning
    bor
    Neutral

Status

How many km do you do in your s3?

With one full gas tank on average?

And how do you drive? Sensibly or the way you should drive a s3?

I'm really worried about the gasoline issue...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Third Gear

Status
    Approx 270 miles or 432 km with mixed driving. I drive it hard when given the opportunity, sensible around town and about 80mph on the motorway.

Worst dis reading 17mpg after a hard thrash across country and best reading 32mpg cruising at 70mph.

Did not really buy the car for economy though.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

bor
    Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by markwiggy
    Approx 270 miles or 432 km with mixed driving. I drive it hard when given the opportunity, sensible around town and about 80mph on the motorway.

Mark
    Doesn't seem too bad though.........

I'm asking because I'm not sire between a fully loaded 2.0tdi or the S3......I worry about the gas since my last car was a 1.9 tdi

Really want the s3 though

windsurfer

Status
    if you even thought about fuel consumption forget the S3...

I order mine but I was aware of the monthly rent in petrol...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

6th Gear

Status
    Agree with newbiecrg

If you are worried about fuel maybe not the car to go for!

It uses alot more than my 8L S3's I had, to be more precise I get about 50-60miles less to a tank and struggle to get around 28mpg on a short run.

One thing iv'e noticed is that the average mpg on the dis updates much quicker than the 8L S3 so it may be more accurate.
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

bor
    Neutral

Status
    Its still not an impreza though
    Last edited by bor; 23rd March 2007 at 12:52.

bor
    Neutral

Status
    its not really in issue as to buying the car, I just want to know what to expect

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    Doesn't seem too bad though.........

I'm asking because I'm not sire between a fully loaded 2.0tdi or the S3......I worry about the gas since my last car was a 1.9 tdi

Really want the s3 though
    I've just gone from a 2.0Tdi to a 3.0litre petrol and the shock to my wallet is huge!.

I'm now filling up every other day but it's worth it, so I say just be prepared to visit the pumps more often and enjoy it

J.
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

1st Gear

Status

Cool

Unless you are doing 18,000 miles a year can I suggest you look at total cost of ownership and not fuel.

You will lose far more in depreciation then you would ever save in petrol costs, unless of course you are doing massive high mileage or buy a second hand motor.

If you are buying new you may want to get the S3 simply as a result of class leading residuals, my current 8L is approx 10K after purchase new of 22K over 5 1/2 years, along with variable servicing which meant a bill of around 1500 for approx 64000 miles and that just left tyres and oil.

I expect the new S3 will deliver the same levels of TCO as the old one and offer improved dynamics when driven too. Great!

You KNOW you want it, go on, get a S3! I am!
    12- A1 1.6TDI Sport Sportback Misano Red/Black, Black/Grey Tornado, Xenons, Tech Pack, Mobile Prep High, Bose, Rear Park, Cruise, Dim Mirror, Climate, LED Lights, Armrest
    07-12 S3 Sprint Blue, Leather & Buckets, Flat MFSW, Armrest & Phone Prep, Rear Park, Dim & Fold Mirror, Tyre Warn, Sunband, Interior Light, Cruise, Hill hold, Auto Light & Rain, Bose, Sat Nav+, iPod
    01-07 S3 Dolphin Grey, Blue/Black Alcantara, Bose, Armrest, CD, Cruise, Ali Mirrors, Heated Seats
    00-01 A3 1.8TQ Sport Red, Bose

windsurfer

Status
    I do around 18-20K a year and probably a diesel would be sensible...

It's like many things in life... I don't like to drive diesels, even fast ones... I prefer the caracter of a petrol engine. So I opted for petrol even though might not be logical...

You only live once! Get the S3 you will enjoy it! Unless your monthly budget is too tight, get it! Otherwise stick with a doog diesel.

I'm spending an average of 200 a month on my Alfa... In my S3 I'm expecting 300, depends on your budget...

Pedro
    FOR SALE: S3 Phantom Black, left hand drive, Xenons, FBMFSW, bucket seats, BOSE, rear parking sensors, armrest, interior light package, Symphony II+. Full Audi service history and 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport 2. 18500 miles PM for details! I want to give it away have a good family reason. For a quick sale around 19.5k PM only if interest is genuine! Thanks

bor
    Neutral

Status
    Thats what I want to hear boys