Quattro + S-line On front grill?

mcmasman

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

New to this forum, have been reading threads here for a few weeks now, decided to become a member so I can join the conversation!

A short intro about myself I guess ... ah, just ordered an A3 2.0TDI Quatttro s-line 3 weeks ago, still waiting for the dealership to tell me an exact production week, the wait is just too long! (5-7 weeks more to go!) During this period I have already changed my color from phantom black to lava grey and added the cup holders/boot access for the back seats. I'm almost certain that Audi is making me wait on purpose so I keep adding options to the car! (just kidding)

I have a cosmetic question, about the s-line and quattro tags on the front grill. I notice that usually when you have a s-line package, the "Quattro" tag is automatically removed, and replaced by the "S-line" tag. So I raised the question of having both to my dealer and he was happy to add the quattro back on for no charge.

Now the question is ... where should the "Quattro" tag be? Naturally it would be one on top the other, on the left side (looking straight at the front grill of the car). But what about one on each side of the Audi rings? I'm quite surprise that after looking through hundreds of A3's I still haven't found one with both tags ... and yet the dealer seems to have heard it many times before and quickly agree to add on as no charge ... just a bit strange to be this rare.

Can anyone give me some suggestions? Or better yet some pics that do have both tags?!!?

Thanks in advance.

I have a feeling your dealer has misunderstood you. There's only room for one badge.

rich1068 said:
I have a feeling your dealer has misunderstood you. There's only room for one badge.

Hi Rich, I believe the dealer understood my request since he ask me where I want the "Quattro" tag to be placed, now that the normal spot is taken by the "S-line" tag.

You have pointed out that there is only one place to fit these tags, and I agree, there is usually only one spot on the left (if you look straight at the grll) but he said he will fit the second tag wherever I like.

I wondered this when before I got mine. I have seen one picture of a grille with both badges but I think this was a modification. There is no room for 2. This has made me think about replacing my badge with a quattro badge though. It's easy to tell it's an s-line from afar but only from the back can you see it's quattro!

True indeed. S-line exterior is such an easy give away, A3 fan can spot one from far. I just wonder what it would look like with both ...

I prefer stealth ;) Apart from the four rings there aren't any badges on the back of mine.

Oddly I would have had 10x the number of badges on my RS, I liked people to know that it was a very quick Skoda :)

it just tried to find that pic. It was months ago though. looked pants actually. Both were aligned vertically, one about 2 inches above the other.

rich1068 said:
I prefer stealth ;) Apart from the four rings there aren't any badges on the back of mine.

Oddly I would have had 10x the number of badges on my RS, I liked people to know that it was a very quick Skoda :)

I like stealth sometimes too. But quattro isn't something people will know unless they're left wheelspinning at the lights lol!

Can't you put one on the left side of the grille and the other on the right side at the same height?

Badging is interesting isn't it. I've passed more than one surprised driver who may have thought they were being followed by an S-line diesel. Er, no offence intended (well not much anyway).

I still don't want the 3.2 badge on the front though, but possibly sticking the quattro on as well as the S-line may work. I'd need to see a picture first.

Take the S-Line badge off and replace it with the quattro one. After all, the S-line badge only lets folk know you have fancy seats and big alloys ;)

I've seen some pics where people have fitted both badges to the front grille and tbh it looks naff. I'd just pick one or t'other and have that alone.

Thanks everyone! :applaus:There are some good comments here. I have notice too myself that there is only one spot on the grille for the badge, but the dealer didn't seem too concern how to fit the second one on, it will be interesting to see how that turns out. (I promise pictures when I receive my car!)

I don't think I want to put any badges on the car to pretend something that is not, so I don't think I would get after-market badges and stick them on everywhere. But since the car I've ordered does indeed have quattro and s-line, and I do want it to be a little bit special, I've asked the dealer to do this for me and he happily agreed.

Skittler said:
Can't you put one on the left side of the grille and the other on the right side at the same height?

That is what I have came up with at the moment, but would like to find a picutre with this setup first ... might look a little strange, not 100% sure.:think:

MarcQuinlivan said:
maybe I'm just cleverer than your average "fan".

Well maybe we'd all think that as we own the cars but if another A3 driver doesn't believe I have quattro then I'm not too fussed. I would like other people to know that the car behind them isn't just a sporty looking A3. It's a beast! :icon_thumright:

If you do not have quattro underneath the 2.0TDI in the boot why not place it there?...

In the front I would stick with just one tag...

Pedro

Hi Pedro, I do have the quattro badge at the back of the car ... the standard deal. It's the front that I'm messing around with. May be it's all too much after all...

OK, hey it is a personal choice, if you like it go for it... I personally like the single tag in the grill...

Pedro

MarcQuinlivan said:
but surely since you have a "beast" everybody will be behind you anyway, so they'll all be able to see the quattro badge on the tailgate!

If you are behind them long enough that they are able to decipher the quattro logo backwards in the rear view mirror, perhaps you should swap seats and let the wife drive instead. :)
That's fighting talk where I come from! :weight_lift2:

anyone that knows anything about audis will recognise a quattro badge in seconds. But anyway I'm not gonna touch the badges. Only got a few months left with the car. :bye:

there's a difference.

There are hundreds of audis with a quattro badge on the front and anyone who knows what quattro is will know what the badge is. It doesn't take a massive brain to recognise it in the mirror.

There are not many people who would recognise my front end as being an s-line front end AND know that the badge you have on the grill shouldn't be a quattro badge AND not believe my car is quattro. Those people I wouldn't be concerned about.