just had a new S3 test drive

jonjon

Reaction score
Just had a test in the new S3. I was very impressed, couldn't give it a proper run for it's money as a) I was short on time, b) I have my arm in plaster, but nevertheless I'm very very very sold!

Very quick, well quick enough for me, and a nice drive. As for the price? well it's a little steep with the DVD SatNav (I have a Tomtom & PDA), but without that I think it's quite reasonable.

OK I could look at a used S4 for the money, but I don't need something too big, also I've never felt comfortable in an A4, my knee knocks on the centre console! And with an original price of £40k+ car comes the price of servicing (I would imagine?)...but 4.2l 344ps.....? not sure if I need that!

So, the TT is going on the market and the S3 is no1 on the list.

Tell me I'm mad/sensible

Mate! Join the club! S3 all the way... If your a show off and need the extra image go for the TT, if your confortable with your manhood... the S3 is the car for you....

Pedro

Sensible mate.

I traded my TT for the S3 and have no regrets whatsover.

Not sure on the new TT anyway. I've had my 225 Coupé for 5yrs now, great fun, S3 is ideal for me - more space & more speed!

@ S3Didge - I see you're in Poole, that's where I had my drive this morning. I'm only just up the road....... not seen many about this way either.

jonjon said:
@ S3Didge - I see you're in Poole, that's where I had my drive this morning. I'm only just up the road....... not seen many about this way either.

I am indeed mate just round the corner from Poole Audi if you fancy a run out and a more leisurely look around mine just let me know mate.

Only seen two others round here a black one same as mine and a silver one.

Well chuffed with mine!

Just get a Audi sat nav from ebay for £420 like quite a few of us on here with new S3's and save yourself about £1600 over the Audi price!

My TT will be plastered with 4-sale signs from now on! Choice will depend on how quick the sale of that is, only thing is ex-demos with satnav are more than a new order without, 12 weeks for a new one.

- S3Didge PM me your details and I'll take you up on the run and leisurely view, thanks!