Tyres

beaker

Reaction score
Hi, car in for service today and they found a bulge in the offside front tyre :(

I'm getting them to replace it as thats not a good thing but it will mean I have 8mm one side and 5mm on the other. Will that be a problem?

I thought of getting them to swap the rears but they are on 4mm.

beaker said:
I'm getting them to replace it as thats not a good thing but it will mean I have 8mm one side and 5mm on the other.

God I hate that! And I suppose your spare is a spacesaver?

Blimey how much is a dealer gonna sting you for a new tyre?
You could probably get 2 new fronts for the same price at a local tyre fitter.

£140. I could get it cheaper for sure but I need the car on Friday and have the fear of a blowout.

My dealer was the same price as independents for tyres.
I'll be getting them to change mine in 2 weeks.
They also make a better job of balancing them than others,who seem to have a problem balancing 18" wheels (the wheels are so wide they need weights on the inside and outside of the rim,not just the outside).
The last time I used an independent,I still got wheel wobble after 3 attempts at balancing.
The local Audi dealer got them right first time and explained why the independent couldn't.

If they were dearer I'd have a problem though.
£140 is steep.
My dealer wants £106 per tyre for F1's,which is pretty average.

£106 is good, about the same price as Blackcircles I think. I have F1's on mine too. Don't want to risk a trip to Aberdeen for the sake of £30 though.

Push them about it though.
Use it as a bargaining tool.

Out of interest,how long have your F1's lasted ?
I didn't take an odometer reading when I replaced mine,bit I'm sure it's no more than 12000 miles they've done.
They aren't illegal,but they're as near as damnit.

I'll try that.

I think I've done about 8k on them so far and they are down to 5mm.