Front armrest

B

Boydie

hey guys

i fitted one myself a month or so ago and i am so happy with it - elbow is permanently moulded to it!!

anyways, i got a genuine one from ebay from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230105577566&rd=1&rd=1

he has another for sale at the minute, its at £1, has a day left

i got mine for £80 and fit it within 30mins

the seller is 100%, package arrived quickly and as described

i would advise anyone who hasnt got an armrest in their a3 to bid on that above - bargain!

they are £120+ from audi and god knows what for fitting

to fit you DO need to cut your centre console but the armrest covers the area neatly - i can post up some "how to" pics if needs be

grab yourselves a bargain before i do and sell it on for a profit :p

Boydie said:
to fit you DO need to cut your centre console

Only use a jigsaw if you're feeling brave :)

And don't go too fast. The blade cuts, melts and re-seals the hole!

:scared2:

This is a OEM Audi one, I would suggest its worth a bid and see if you can get it cheap. You can buy different lids separate, so if you want leather you can add it. Should cost about £40 I think for the lid.

It will fit yours Roger, you will just then have to get a leather lid from Nelson

rxs1407 said:
Are the Audi ones as easy to fit as the after market ones?? or are they all the same??

I don't know of any non-Audi ones. All the retrofits I've seen have been genuine.

rich1068 said:
I don't know of any non-Audi ones. All the retrofits I've seen have been genuine.

The after market ones look like they have a different bracket to hold it to the car, than the Audi ones.
Some have rounded ends and some have flat end??

bid on the one above and you wont have to worry about aftermarket one - its easy to fit

we used a drill, jigsaw and heated a stanley blade to neaten it up a bit - worked very well and the finish is 100%

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Thanks very much,will get the arm rest tomorrow, will see if there is a template and instructions...

Sorry to nick this thread...
Dodge

Give us a shout if you have bother. I had a couple of head scratching moments. Like when you're trying to work out how on earth the fixing bolt is going to stay in place.

And don't throw the template away thinking it's a bit of packaging... :)

make sur ethe template is the right way up!! lol i made this small mistake but thankfully no visible damage was done!

looks very neat d3fy - bit neater than mine! ill get my pics up later this eve if my internet at home is working again!

what tool is needed to cut the hole?

anyone done it recently?

Buggeration, I wanted an armrest for ages and missed this lol!

On the subject of armrests, I'm sure I read on here ages ago about a trick to stop the rattling noise that sometimes occurs. Think it had something to do with strips of stick-on padding or something. Anyone got any ideas?

On the subject of armrests, I'm sure I read on here ages ago about a trick to stop the rattling noise that sometimes occurs. Think it had something to do with strips of stick-on padding or something. Anyone got any ideas?

Havent had any issues of rattling :( - maybe take the ash tray out and try tightening the bolt down

The lid has a tendency to rattle after a while sometimes.