My Car So Far...

Badley

Reaction score
Prior to looking at the Audi my mind was set on a BMW 120d M-Sport, Black, Beige Leather, Bluetooth, Sunroof, Xenons and Prof Radio. Now that spec was hard to come by 2nd hand so I would have to go for new, £27k for a car which has no rear leg room, smallish boot etc. It was all a bit too much for the baby BMW. Then one day my cousin took me out in his A3 Sportback 2.0Tfsi S-line, I loved it.

I spent a few weeks on the Audi used car site getting up-to-date with the cars available and looking at some good deals (few and far). Then one appeared with all the spec I needed, TDi, S-line, full leather, bose and bluetooth all for 20k with only 10,000 miles on the clock. Deposit went straight down only a few hours after it appeared on the Audi site.

A week passed, sorting funds etc

I picked her up on Friday, looking allot cleaner than the previous week when I had a sneak peak. Like most of you I'm sure a smile form ear to ear was clearly present on my face when I drove her out of the dealer. Bluetooth worked first time and like a dream. I was most impressed by the handing for the front wheel drive. My old Mkiv Golf found it tricky going round corners whereas the A3 just sits there asking for more. Can't imagine what the quattro is like,

I'm absolutely chuffed with my new purchase, its perfect for my needs. Plus the bird likes it (she drives a Mini Cooper S). One of the little things I really do like about it, is the black headlining. It is such a well finished product in function, ergonomics and aesthetics. I've done 200miles I getting a feeling that I'm never going to get bored with it...

I've orderd map light and ambient light from audi-accessories, should be standard on the S-line. One moan, the standard courtesy light is so god dam bright

I also considered the 1-series briefly; did a bit of tyre-kicking (but no test drive) although I was already keen on the Sportback at the time. But even without a test drive I had to forget about the Beemer - I couldn't live with those looks and the interior was laughably cramped.

Good choice!

Yeah, I'm 6'4" and could just about shoehorn myself into the beemer.

Ben, I might follow your RNS-E install one of these days looks quite straight forward (you certainly made it look so)

Congratulations. Just reading your post made me smile as it reminded me of how I felt when I first got my A3.
Just can't help smiling lol

Post some pictures up fella :D

emzino said:
Congratulations. Just reading your post made me smile as it reminded me of how I felt when I first got my A3.
Just can't help smiling lol

Post some pictures up fella :D

With this weather being so awful, I'm going to wait until it cheers up then wax her. That should happen this weekend, then the photos will be pouring in...

Mind you, I ended up cleaning the seats with zymol leather cleaner. The amount of dirt was astonishing. Tut Tut dealer...

£27k for a 1-series ?
That would get you an Alpina BMW D3.

Badly - can you get a picture of the interior of the car with the black head lining??

i quite fancy getting one for my sport eventually - looks very euro i think!