Badger5AH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

New Philips Product (lighting)

Some of you may of already know that Philips have released a new product, X-treme Power:

They say 80% more light than a standard cheap H7 bulb. Anyone tried them?

Available here: http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/default....hFor=&PT_ID=77
    Last edited by Badley; 18th March 2007 at 21:33.
    Phantom Black Sportback 2.0 TDi 140 S-line.
    Options: Full Leather, Symphony, Bose and Bluetooth
    OEM-Mods:Ambient & Map Light

2. # ADS
    ADS

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    Picking mine up from the sorting office on my way home from work tonight, so will see what they are like sometime later this week no doubt. Hopefully they'll be a decent improvement.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

6th Gear

Status
    Interesting.
    I might be tempted to shove the Halfords 'extra' bulbs into the wife's Clio and get these for myself.
    Mind you,it's a bit of a daft time of year to do it,coz the nights are getting lighter,not darker....
    '02 to '05 - Black Audi A4 1.9tdi sport
    '05 to '08 - Akoya Silver A3 sportback S-line DSG
    '08 to ? - Black Alpina D3

I've used the Philips 50% extra bulbs in all my A3 up to now - my new one has Xenons - and they made a noticable difference, so the 80% extra should be even better.

I must admit with the new B-Xenons on my A3 I think I enjoy driving at night as much as in the day and the roads are quieter as well.
    Last edited by h5djr; 19th March 2007 at 18:51.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    You can use these bulbs for Xenon'ed A3's?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

You can use these bulbs for Xenon'ed A3's?
    No of course not. What I said was I had used the 50% bulbs in all my cars up to now - not my current car, which is my first A3 with Xenons. I've had 5 previous A3s and I used the 50% extra bulbs in all those.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    I have bought some for the family (general use) BMW 525d Touring (angel eye model), the current bulbs are pants so I hope the parents will appreciate the brighter light. If they make a big difference on that then I may consider some for mine.
    Phantom Black Sportback 2.0 TDi 140 S-line.
    Options: Full Leather, Symphony, Bose and Bluetooth
    OEM-Mods:Ambient & Map Light

5th Gear

Status
    Do keep us updated Badley, I wanna see this in action!

Also, as i've got Xenons, the yellow bulbs next to them spoils it as well as the foglights.
    Can these be used to amit a light close enough that matches my Xenons? If not, is there another bulb that my do the trick?
    Audi A3 (8P) 2.0TDI SE .:. Ebony Black, Sports Suspension, Vienna Beige Sports Leather Seats, Concert II & BOSE, 6 CD-Changer, Xenons, Acoustic Parking Sensors & All The Packs .:.

Gone but not forgotten

3rd Gear

Status
    I've posted a picture of the x-treme bulbs at the end of this thread with lots of other bulb stuff in (so as to keep things tidy - her indoors'd be proud )
    Halfords Mega-bright (+50%) headlight bulbs half price

1st Gear

Status
    morning all and thankyou for allowing me to join in the forum!

Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on these; thinking of upgrading the wife's car with them.

VAGOwners.co.uk

Status
    They're very good I've been using them in my A3 for a few months now, and they are so bright compared to the standard bulbs. Even in dim daylight, I'm amazed how many times I see the reflection of the lights in road signs, never noticed that before with the old bulbs.
    Audi A3 S-Line 2.0TDi DSG in Dolphin Grey - Click here for pics
    Leather Seats - Symphony III - Full Leather - Light/Rain Sensors - Cruise Control - Storage/Luggage Packs - Electric folding/auto diming mirrors - Parking Sensors - Armrest

Neutral

Status
    Quick question!!!

When you pay £33 for the bulbs is it ONE or a PAIR?

Best be a pair...

Get the free ones too!

Audi A3 2.0TDI Sportback
    Mods: Bluetooth
    Plans: Superchip | 18" Lambo Remps Reps | Carbon Mirrors

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Its a pair,

I've had these on my car for about 3 weeks now. They are good, however you will never be able to beat proper xenons with a halogen bulb.
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Oh and if you order from powerbulds you do get a free pair of Philips Bluevision side lights as well. They are good and very difficult to install!
    Ice Silver S3 + every single option + REVO + BSH Street Can + Forge Twintake + Autotech

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    Oh and if you order from powerbulds you do get a free pair of Philips Bluevision side lights as well. They are good and very difficult to install!
    You're not wrong about that! Any tips on how you managed to get the sidelights fitted in the end? I spent about 20 minutes trying to remove it, albeit without the aid of any tools.

KRL
    3rd Gear

Status
    Hi,

I read somewhere on here that you can get the side lights out by giving the cables a little tug. At first I was reluctant to try this as I was paranoid that I'd end up pulling one of the cables out and getting myself into a right mess.

After I had exhausted all other means (with tools!) I resorted to giving the cables a little tug, it worked and was relatively easy Also, I found it much easier to fit the new side light if you remove the main beam bulb first.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL
    Hi,

I read somewhere on here that you can get the side lights out by giving the cables a little tug. At first I was reluctant to try this as I was paranoid that I'd end up pulling one of the cables out and getting myself into a right mess.

After I had exhausted all other means (with tools!) I resorted to giving the cables a little tug, it worked and was relatively easy Also, I found it much easier to fit the new side light if you remove the main beam bulb first.
    Many thanks. I kept faith, and went for the cable tug method, with a bit of intervention from a screwdriver. Worked a treat, cheers!

Neutral

Status
    My next question was to seek guidence on install! Manual is useless and says it can't be done. Lol.

Audi A3 2.0TDI Sportback
    Mods: Bluetooth
    Plans: Superchip | 18" Lambo Remps Reps | Carbon Mirrors