Audi spanner monkeys strike again!

Chappers

Slowly moving forward!
Reaction score
Hi all,

The local Audi dealership had my car last Thursday as the air con wasn't working. They replaced the compressor and I thought all was good, nice cool air. Driving home yesterday and all of a sudden DIS starts showing COOLANT! Fortunately I was 3 miles from home, the temp guage was normal so I got home. I opened the bonnet and hey presto, no coolant except for the stuff all over my engine bay!!! The nice RAC chap arrived and had a look and found a hose that had not been clipped back in its holder, which when the fan started to go it cut big holes in the hose, no coolant!

Anyway after having to put some pressure on the dealership they finally provided me with a car!! Anyway the question, what sort of damage could have been done to my engine (diesel)??? any thoughts?

sorry for the long rambling message

Chappers.

Chappers said:
Anyway the question, what sort of damage could have been done to my engine (diesel)??? any thoughts?

Well if the engine has no coolant running through it then it would overheat and in some extreme cases the head gasket would give u life, cracks in the head and block may occur due to the heat and the head may warp as well.

Usually damage won't be done unless the driver keeps driving the car without coolant.

The fan could also have been damaged by hitting the hose.

I'd be tearing the dealership manager to shreds if I were in your shoes, as well as Audi CS.