New S3 Door Mirrors

Spook

Reaction score
Does anyone know whether it is possible to spec a new S3 with body-coloured door mirror housings instead of "chav silver"?

I believe that this is an option in other countries, but haven't seen any mention of it here.

I think you'lll find the chav choice is F1 style wing mirrors!

The silver sets the S3 apart from the rest. At the end of the day there's not many chavs kicking around in 27k cars!

staz1000 said:
I think you'lll find the chav choice is F1 style wing mirrors!

The silver sets the S3 apart from the rest. At the end of the day there's not many chavs kicking around in 27k cars!
Know what you are saying, but for me, silver mirrors conflict with the understated image of the S3 as a "stealth" performance car. I am considering the black optics kit, and it seems to me that silver mirrors defeat the object of this!

If i was you i would keep the silver mirrors and then sell them on as the are £300 from dealers new and genuine ones go for around £200 on ebay.

Someone with a black car might even fancy doing a swap with you and a bit of cash!

I have a set of barely used Lava Grey side mirror caps if you are interested in a swap.

They're hardly chrome bling mirrors.

If you are gonna molest a car I think you should look past the S3!!

Irish said:
They're hardly chrome bling mirrors.

totally agree

they are a dull brushed silver so they look very good and very unchav

i think they look rather posh!

Hey get the 2.0T quattro and chip it but don't ruin an S3! The silver mirrors are partly what makes them an S.....

Pedro

newbiecrg said:
Hey get the 2.0T quattro and chip it but don't ruin an S3! The silver mirrors are partly what makes them an S.....

Pedro
How do you explain the fact that the original S3 didn't have them, then?

Spook said:
How do you explain the fact that the original S3 didn't have them, then?

They did have them! It was not standard item in the UK but it was an option, however it was a standard option on my German purchased S3.
This was great as i got them for nothing and didn't have to pay to spec them as an option for the UK spec car that i currenty have, saved me around £260 at the time. :)

Standard here on the old model also.. I suppose an S8 with the Lambo engine and alu mirrors is chav too !!

for sure... eheh! Is like ordering a Porsche but asking to remove the Porsche badges just because I want it low profile.... Or removing the rear wing of a GT3!!!

Joking here...

Each one do as one likes, if you don't like the silver mirrors, lots of A3 owners will be happy to trade them with you...

It seems that coloured mirrors in the S3 is a £100 extra... ;) (you havo to buy them from the parts department...)

Enjoy the motor, mate!
Pedro

I have a set of Black mirror housings spare if you are interested? Took them off mine to replace with 'chav' silver ones!

Each to their own mate and if you don't like the silver mirrors thats your choice. I can help with phantom black casings though.

hardly chav...

IMG_0613.jpg

I agree but it was a previous statement made and not mu opinion.

EAGLE79 said:
I agree but it was a previous statement made and not mu opinion.

I dont think klauster was talkin to u mate