Was it worth it?

sat1983

Reaction score
Bought a 56 plate A3 in liquid blue. Mint apart from quite a bad scratch on rear bumper. As in while reversing the owner must have touched a wall.
Audi main dealer said it would be rectified and I will never know it was there.
Price paid?18k

Dealer told me most cars on the forecourt had some sort of touch up done to them.
So if it has the bits you want & like it, it's woth it, but check the spray job is 1st class before you part with all your money, unless you already have.
I'm sure the main dealer would repair it to a high standard.

Will it be 1st class from the main dealer?? They say they do a good job, but that means nothing!

SE, 2.0 TDI, 6k on the clock, climate, interior light pack, auto dimming rear view mirror ( just the std SE spec from what i can tell).

I do wish I'd have bought new now though, there is more peace of mind

What more peace of mind can you have 56 plate bought from main dealer, i'm sure they will look after you if your not totally happy, even exchanging the car within so many days if you dont like it.
A scratch on the bumper is nothing to worry about, as long as your happy with the repair.
Check the main Audi car sales site to see the prices of cars around the country, to se what sort of deal you got.

stan said:
What more peace of mind can you have 56 plate bought from main dealer, i'm sure they will look after you if your not totally happy, even exchanging the car within so many days if you dont like it.
A scratch on the bumper is nothing to worry about, as long as your happy with the repair.
Check the main Audi car sales site to see the prices of cars around the country, to se what sort of deal you got.

A good deal according to the audi site if it hadn't been scratched!!:ermm:

There are people on here who have had bumpers resprayed on their new cars because they were delivered with scratches so I wouldn't worry too much mate.

I had a fair bit of hassle with mine from new so would question whether buying new is actually all it is had up to be....

cdb2 said:
There are people on here who have had bumpers resprayed on their new cars because they were delivered with scratches so I wouldn't worry too much mate.

I had a fair bit of hassle with mine from new so would question whether buying new is actually all it is had up to be....

Very true!! I'll try not to worry. Its my first nearly new car (had a few mk3 golfs before that) so do want everything to go smoothly!