Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Neutral

Status

Choosing RNS-E help

Currently we have the symphony 2 cd player installed with the 6 cd changer at the top so it's double din

The RNS-E will be a straight swap, i assume you can put over 6 cd;s worth of information onto the two memory cards?

Does the dvd need to be in all the time to use the sat nav?

I need to buy the RNS-E for an 8p audi a3? the relevant lead, we don't have bose so is there only one other lead?

How much more expensive is it to install blue tooth as i haven't found that much info on the bluetooth side of things? we don't have a multi function steering wheel, so are there normaly buttons you can use?

Will any of the units of ebay work or is it better to buy from someone in particular i.e topsatnavs?

Will we also need to dvd for 2007? sorry for so many questions just looking for more info before i commit to buying one?

I assume you wouldn't need an ipod link once you can have two sd cards worth of mp3's?

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Sworks

1. You can put up to a 4GB memory card in each slot so fit loads of music on.

2. Dvd must be in all the time to use the navigation

3. Have a look on www.kufatec.de for the correct lead

4. Craigyb on these forums will fit bluetooth for you for £399 and you don't have to have the multi function wheel.

5. Topsatnavs has a good rep on this forum as does nikin777 who I and another member have bought from with no probs.

6. Craigyb can also supply the 2007 disc

7. You can always have a ipod link if you want, depends how much music you have/want!
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

Status
    JamS3 is spot with all of the above. The only other thing I would add - and regulars will know what website I'm about to quote next (!) - is to check out http://www.navplus.us. Perfect research for all things RNS-E.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink