Damn sports seats :-(

Castro

Reaction score
Its my own stupid fault I guess :keule:I should have tested the sports seats out at the dealers instead of thinking that they'd be more or less the same as my 8L A3.

Basically I've just received my lovely new A3 2.0 TDI (170) S-tronic and the first thing I notice is the seat bolsters digging into my upper thigh/buttock. Now I have to admit that I am quite a big guy (6ft and 105KG) but this is ridiculous... there is no reason they should be this damn uncomfortable. It really has spoiled my first impressions as I just cannot get comfortable in these seats... I now wish I had gone for the SE trim :(

Anyway, I would definitely recommend others test out these seats out before including them in their build.

I agree it's very important to try the sports seats before ordering a Sport. Whist you can order an SE with sports suspension you cannot order a Sport without sports seats.

I used to have sports seats in my 8L 1.8T Sports becuase you could only get the 1.8T engine in Sports trim but when I tried my first 8P nearly 3 years ago I decided I preferred the 'normal' seats in the SE. I have just changed to my second 8P and stuck to the SE trim.

I'm about the same height and weight as you and have never had a problem. Yes, the bolsters push into your thighs a bit but not at all uncomfortably and don't stop me sitting down fully into the seat.

If you'll pardon the question, do you have a particularly wide ****? :)

Are the Sport seats the same shape as the SLines?

If not then you could try getting a set of SLine seats for your car

I find them VERY comfy

I also find the S line seats very comfy. Im 6ft 2 and 17st and have never had a problem even on my trek to Oxfordshire

Vertigo1 said:
If you'll pardon the question, do you have a particularly wide ****? :)
I am a little lardy in that region yes :laugh:
I am not really talking about coming home in bruises, but as I am driving I do feel this dull protrusion in my derrier. I am thinking of taking a rubber mallet to those bolsters to widen them slightly.. underneath the foam and padding its just a steel wire frame.

On the plus side I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the entry level Concert stereo system is MP3 compatible. I had it on my list to by an Ipod adaptor from the dealers but now I don't ned one :yahoo:

The S-Line seats are the sports seats and vice-versa, the S-Line ones just have the S-Line logo embossed on them (unless you go for an exclusive option like the two-tone leather).

I love the sports seats - specced them as an option on my old SE and they're obviously standard on my current S-Line. I had a Focus before the last A3 which had the worst seats known to man so I wanted some really comfortable ones which held you firmly in place. Probably due to my weight and size, I find myself almost rolling out of non-sports seats under heavy cornering :)

At first I found that the side bolster on the base of the seat were pressing on my thighs a little as well to be honest, but soon got used to it and find the seats quite comfy now :)

I am 6' 1" and I absolutely hate the S-line/S3 sports. It certainly is related to the shape of your body, for some the new seats are not OK at all.

Audi UK were less than helpful in understating the issue and could not offer another seat from the Audi range, which I consider odd as the S4/RS4 convertible sports seats seemed to be an ideal fit.

I have spent £1.6K to 'fix' the problem on my new S3, which I consider a bit naff as the S6 seats are superb and my current S3 seats are recaro's, which are fantastic.

Do sympathise with you, as I nearly did not order a new S3 until i sat in an RS4 with the sports seats and they are utterly superb if not, a bit extreme!