S3 two-tone interior

normski

Reaction score
Anyone got a good picture(s)of the S3 interior with two-tone red/black please?

I hope this isn't for the replacement because yours has been nicked....:)

Very funny mate....

Ordering mine next week, just wanted reminding of what it looked like cuz it has been that long since I saw one with it.

Two-tone red/black = TWOC-ers favourite :busted_cop:

That's probably why it's been so long since you saw one with it.... :bye:

Spook, you are being very helpful today m8. :sly:

normski said:
Spook, you are being very helpful today m8. :sly:
Always like to help the police with their enquiries......:scared2:

Normski, I believe that you are located in Stratford??
Drive up to the new Audi garage in Solihull on the Stratford Road and you will see a grey S3 sporting the red and black leather in the showroom.
Interestingly, it also has the wood inserts, an unusual combination!
I would look carefully at the side bolster stitching on the drivers seat in red thread as it does appear to be fraying slightly. Might make a difference to your order.

prt

That new Audi place is rather impressive, isn't it?

Will be taking mine there from now on as I'm only down the road in Hall Green off the Robin Hood island.

If the stitching is going to fray, won't it do it in any colour? I guess the red is just more noticeable.

prt57 said:
Normski, I believe that you are located in Stratford??
Drive up to the new Audi garage in Solihull on the Stratford Road and you will see a grey S3 sporting the red and black leather in the showroom.
I would look carefully at the side bolster stitching on the drivers seat in red thread as it does appear to be fraying slightly. Might make a difference to your order.

prt

prt57 said:

prt
Auto Express had one in a group test a few weeks back. The Press Office supplied them with a white S3 with the red\black leather and wooden inserts. Whoever specs up the demo cars for Audi must think that is a good combination - can't say I agree with them though. Who wants wood on an S3?

normski said:
If the stitching is going to fray, won't it do it in any colour? I guess the red is just more noticeable.

Only just tring to help out here, I did look at an S line in the show room with the black stitching and it did not appear to be fraying to the same degree.

It is worth a look if you have the time. They also have another black/red leather combo as a demonstrator so you have a choice of vehicles to look at.

prt57

MarcQuinlivan said:
Who wants wood on an S3?

Actually it looks OK on its own without the red leather door insert but maybe I am used to the wood on our GTI 1.8T

prt

Was in there today and the most interesting thing in the showroom was the S-Line with RS4 alloys on it! Are these now an official option?

Vertigo1 said:
Was in there today and the most interesting thing in the showroom was the S-Line with RS4 alloys on it! Are these now an official option?
dunno, I was in Isaac Agnew in Belfast last Thursday and they had a black sportback s-line in the showroom with the RS4s. I know somebody on here posted something last week about Audi UK having a promotion offering the RS4s on all A3 models except the S3, but I think it ended towards the end of February. If I remember correctly they said that Audi UK were doing the promotion, but either some dealers were not aware of it, or Audi forgot to tell them about it.

We can get them over here on any model. They cost me 702 euro with my S-Line, but normally they are 1873 euro without the S-Line sports package. I think they are something like two grand over there though!

Vertigo1 said:

I saw an S-Line at Glasgow Audi today with the 18" RS4s on too.....

Can't see it on the configurator though.

What I have noticed is the 19" RS4s are an option on the new TT. Nice!

At the price they charge for that you have to really really really want the colour!

I think it's very infair that sprint blue is available on 'normal' models !

But I would say that !!

I think you are right there, sprint blue was one of the few things kept back for the S3.

But it will be an Audi Exclusive colour to get it on an S-Line, so a tidy £1,600 premium for that!

Sprint blue will have been available on the A3 under the exclusive option the moment it was introduced on the RS4. You could argue it the other way - someone who's paid £1600 to have it on their A3 might well be annoyed that S3 owners can now spec it for £1100 less.

Am just about to order an S3 but i didn't like the embossed seats, but don't want the two tone either!!

Does anyone know if they do the two tone but with black/black??

Juniper44 said:
Am just about to order an S3 but i didn't like the embossed seats, but don't want the two tone either!!

Does anyone know if they do the two tone but with black/black??
don't want to be pedantic about it, but wouldn't that be one tone? :)

kinda like ordering a cheeseburger with no cheese.

Well yeah kinda, but I kinda want just ordinary black leather... classic!!

You could get them re-trimmed if you cannot get 1 colour and its probably going to be better quality leather.