Dead Pedal ie pedal left of the clutch

B

Boydie

some on here the other day asked can you get an S3 style pedal for the dead pedal....

basically you cant but i came across a few pictures of the pedals available for the RS4 and it had a matching "dead pedal"

would anyone know if this would fit the a3?

on a second look it might be too big :S

audi-rs4-inside.jpg

which is also a dirty black plastic comapred to the nice shiney s3 pedals - would be nice if an RHD came out

do they have an email? i couldnt find one!

Boydie said:
which is also a dirty black plastic comapred to the nice shiney s3 pedals - would be nice if an RHD came out

James kindly fitted the Golf Gti Pedals to my S-Line (prior to my purchase) and I could also do with a matching Dead Pedal. My Dead pedal gets used all the time too.

Paul

im definately up for it - may as well email him to see if he knows if or when it is coming out or if he can hurry it up

Ok I looked into this and got hold of the RS4 dead pedal and it will not fit no way!

There was a rumour that the RS6 pedal would fit!

Boydie said:

There's no plans for the RHD one as apparently it is a "safety issue"

thats nuts!

also MB i was thinking the other day - s3 air vent covers!

they are different from the normal a3's - can they be purchased at all?

anyone a close up of the air vents on the new s3?

Boydie said:
thats nuts!

also MB i was thinking the other day - s3 air vent covers!

they are different from the normal a3's - can they be purchased at all?

anyone a close up of the air vents on the new s3?

This question was burried in a recent post....
Are you sitting down? I think the poster said they cost £70 each from the dealer. Ouch! You could try vagparts to see if they are cheaper.

holy crap - £280 for vent covers?? audi really know how to rip the bag when it comes to parts!!

If it's anything like fitting the TT ones you have to buy each unit complete.

See here.

Its probably to stop people buying S3 parts to stick on other models, it will keep all but the hardened tuner away!

I remember years ago BMW doing this with certain M parts, you have to supply your chassis number so you could order replacement parts.

MarcQuinlivan said:
WTF? How can it be unsafe for RHD but safe for LHD? doesn't seem to make much sense - but then again that's the safety brigade for you, we'll be having to wear hi-vis jackets while driving next and have a man run ahead of us waving a flag.

my understanding was they were safe in the LHD as they weren't in the same dangerous location relative to the engine. As MB pointed out when we last had this conversation, some of the RHD cars did used to have alu dead pedals, so not sure what has changed since then, but the new S3, TT etc all have the normal one..